Mizuho QRP 15 meters

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by IZ0JOJ, Sep 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IZ0JOJ

IZ0JOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello to everyone,
    I have got a Mizuho 15 meters band.
    can anyone answer to these two question please?

1. Which counterpoise length do you advice ? and where to "connect" it to the QRP radio? I thought to attach a 3.75 meters (1/4 lamba) to the rear of my device (exactly where there's the screw that permit to open the lid. Or, maybe, safer to connect to the BNC connector?

2. When to connect 8 batteries? or 7? I have space for 8 but at the last slot I have a reducer.

Thanks

2. KC3PBI

KC3PBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't give you direct advice, but as background information every other radio I've ever used that came with a reducer/dummy battery setup was done that way because of battery chemistry.

Rechargeable NiCD & NiMh batteries produce 1.2v while alkaline disposables produce 1.5v. The general idea is that you would either use fewer disposable cells combined with dummies or more rechargeables and no dummies. Some radios use more than one dummy cell, make sure you have the right count on hand.

Please do not take this background info as an operational fact; it is important that you verify these arrangements by consulting the manual for that radio.

3. IZ0JOJ

Thanks! I will use only rechargeable batteries, therefore I think I can remove "the reducer"...

4. IZ0JOJ

I wonder if somebody could recommend me the counterpoise to adopt.
    15 meters band = 3.75 meters ? What do you think? What about if I do two wires of 1.87 meters?