ad: M2Ant-1

Misuse of call sign

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KM5QS, Jul 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

How careless of me to think anyone should be free to take advantage of multiple tools in enjoying this hobby/service/avocation. Also I must apologize if I do not share some of y'alls character faults , I have some myself , but they don't include self esteem disability or the need to tell one how it MUST be. I would use some cute humerous emoji here , but I can't find it.

2. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

As much as I enjoy the interaction, is this still helping people avoid being scammed? Thank all of you whose suggestions helped me.

73 Jay //KM5QS

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong thread

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You've done what a real ham should do and alerted us to a scammer out there and that has helped the community. Thank you!
    Best to just ignore the petty little people that seem to be carrying a lot of baggage around with them.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You did good. It would be nice to find and bust the person that you reported.

One problem with a IP address, Is that many use a proxy server to hide behind a keyboard. That only works for a short while. There is really no place to hide.

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I read his post and it said the IP led to Ghana, Africa.

7. VE6KDX

VE6KDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Definitely NOT me guys and thanks for the heads up. Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via this thread or Private message.
    73's
    Karl (VE6KDX)

WB0MPB likes this.
  8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

You still don't have a published email address in your QRZ callsign data, why? Until you do the scamming using your callsign will continue.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  9. VE6KDX

VE6KDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Email Updated and Active.

KS4W and KA2FIR like this.