Missing bird with UHF tracker ?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by N2NXZ, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am posting this here ...never know !
    [​IMG] /hampages/n2nxz/1.JPG
    [​IMG]

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What is the modulation/signal content of the 434 MHz frequency? EXACT frequency is....?

What mode? FM? SSB? CW complete with 599 reports? (!! :D) Tones? Numbers? Power? Antenna [on the bird]? Typical range? Battery life before trackers just "give up"?

Not that I'm any way poo-pooing this - but much more information would be very helpful

I truly hope the bird is found.... he's pretty cool! I'd want him back too

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a nice looking bird.

I hope the tracker has video.

Good Luck.
    She, Her. :D

4. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not know all details and saw it on Facebook. All the answers to questions will be easier by looking the person`s name up using the image I posted and ask them directly.I thought it was my duty as a ham to make the effort....had my UHF yagi was still in the air,would be monitoring SSB mode for any odd noises and determine the rest from there.Hearing ANY signal on 434.025 mhz would draw attention.I think they forgot to put a decimal on that Freq - "Her transmitter is on the UHF 434-025 frequency". Just posting if anyone in this region has time to park there and see what happens...all to gain,nothing to lose. Facebook person is -
    Veronique Ranger
    Jim