MINI600 Antenna analyzer 0.1-600mhz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by BG6GLL, Sep 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. BG6GLL

BG6GLL QRZ Member

Specification:
    Frequency Range: 0.1-600MHz
    HF/VHF/UHF contiunous coverage
    In/Out Impedance: 50
    Measurement Parameters: SWR, R, +Jx, -Jx, |Z|, Returnloss
    Measurement Mode: Single point measurement, Scanning (Frequency Sweep), and TDR Mode
    SWR MeasureMent Range: 1.0-1999(Single Point Mode), 1.0-20.0 (Scan Mode)
    Display Modes: Numerical display, curve display, simith chart
    Connector Type: UHF N-type connector
    SMA OPEN-SHORT-LOAD Calibration Kit x 1
    LCD size: 480x272 4.3" TFT LCD display
    Touch Screen Type: Capacitive
    All capacitive touchscreen on the display – no buttons are needed
    Power Source: USB or Internal Li-ion
    Built-in Li-ion charging circuitry and DC-DC booster
    Maximum charging current: 5V/1.5A
    External Storage Method: TF card
    Dimensions: 133·85·29 mm Does not contain prominent ports.
    Weight: 550g
    Warning: if the product has parameter changes, the actual test will prevail.
    Package Included:
    1 x 2018 New 0.1-600mhz HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Analyzer Capacitive Touch Screen

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BG6GLL

BG6GLL QRZ Member

3. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go again folks! I still can't get my TWO Mini60's working (me and hundreds maybe thousands of other suckers) and now they have this toy? Yeah good luck with that buddy.

The one and only time you will here me say ... buy MFJ. Their cheap junk is better than this total garbage we can't return or get a refund on.

4. DC3AX

DC3AX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi!
    I got my Mini600 today in the mail and it actually boots. And I managed to find sort of calibration menu and managed to run the OSL calibration. I don't have any antenna near me, but I'll check what it does at home later on.
    Searching for something like a manual, software, addons or even other users that tell something about it, was without any result. So I probably have to find out anything myself.

Let's do it Dave's way... "Don't turn it on, take it apart!"

Unscrewing the 8 silver screws on the bottom panel, I found a LiPo or LiIon battery, the codes do not reveal any datasheets and there is no capacity printed on my unit.
    Below the battery there is a PCB that seems to do the power / charge management. It also carries the power button and besides it's two soldered wires that run the power to the mainboard behind the screen, it also features a single pin that has to stick into the standing Arduino connectors of the board below... So take care when disassembling the unit.

As I already guessed from the connector layout around the closed box, we find the MB1191B developer kit for the STM32F746 SOC as a mainboard. And by the way, there is a 4GB SD card plugged that carries configuration and OSL data (whatever that is).

The Arduino emulation socket carries a custom hand soldered HF board. For me it doesn't seem to be really optimized for 600MHz. The hand-soldering is OK, but not perfect. But they cleaned the flux off the board. On the visible side it carries 4 chips and a 27MHz crystal. Unfortunately they scraped the chips cases. But sometimes they missed and so I can tell that there are probably two NE612AD and in the software configuration you can read, that the synthesizer chip is a SI5351A. I wonder how they measure up to 600MHz with a chip only providing 200MHz maximum, but as the NE612AD are mixers, they will do the frequency barkeeper...
    WARNING!
    The software features several different synthesizers, so you do not want to modify the related option in Setup-Configuration without having checked what chip(s) are placed on that little board.
    You also should not run any HW-calibration. It requires to move a solder jumper on the RF-board to another position. As all the adverts in the different sources of this unit tell, it has been calibrated in the factory... I really wonder why you can set a different synthesizer chip without having to move some jumpers and I don't see why they do not support an auto-detection of these supported chips...

For the software there is a lot of room for optimization. Buttons are not drawn right or overwritten by the space drawn around characters. There is no unique layout of color ans button arrangements. On every page you can flip colors but sometimes it is here and sometimes there. There is no status bar, so on some measurements you can tell how dry your battery is, on some you can't.
    It seems that they really tried to avoid writing a manual so they placed buttons instead of using the customers intuition and save space for more convenient information and larger diagrams.

However this is only a start, hopefully others can add some more information, so we can put together a manual.

Resources:
    STM32F746 Developers Kit MB1191B
    https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f746gdiscovery.html
    https://os.mbed.com/platforms/ST-Discovery-F746NG/

SI5351A programmable Frequency CMOS Clock Generator
    https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/data-sheets/Si5351-B.pdf

NE612 Double-balanced Mixer and Oscillator
    The NE612 is originally a Philips Semi chip, but probably now the NXP SA602 or SA612 is the right datasheet while the NE version is a clone?
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/NE612
    https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/SA612A.pdf?

IMG_20180924_102049_410_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102112_792_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102119_678_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102303_330_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102307_477_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102327_636_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102420_323_s.jpg IMG_20180924_102450_753_s.jpg IMG_20180924_104604_658_s.jpg

AG5DB likes this.
  5. DC3AX

I found two videos on youtube for this analyzer that seem to clarify some things.

The Mini600 is a hobby project from EU1KY. He made some 0.1 to 120MHz version and it has been upgraded by optimized hardware to higher frequencies.

Search for PE1PWF on Youtube and see his videos about the EU1KY analyzer. In the descriptions below there are the facts you need to find the projects roots. It looks like Yury from Belarus designed this analyzer and there is a bitbucket access to the project:
    https://bitbucket.org/kuchura/eu1ky_aa_v3/wiki/Home
    Here you find files, diagrams and sources of the code.

A German amateur radio operator Wolfgang, DH1AKF, added some modifications to the code for some improvements.
    https://bitbucket.org/kuchura/eu1ky_aa_v3/branch/DH1AKF

There are a few other German pages around the former FA450 model that uses the same basic hardware and also uses the idea of using an off the shelf available controller/display board and only add the RF components. This video gives you some hints of how to put everything together.

73!

AG5DB and (deleted member) like this.
  6. BG6GLL

BG6GLL QRZ Member

Feeder length measurement

Attached Files:

• 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 100M.jpg
      100M.jpg
      File size:
      229.2 KB
      Views:
  7. DC3AX

First I was puzzled cause it reads 1000M but translating it reveals: "Production Date". On the left, the partly covered part is reading: "Pack of 100m". So reading 101m on a "cheap chinese device" is pretty close for me. I guess if you optimize the PCB layout and add some shielding, it could get even closer, depending if there are still some digits left in the measurement ADCs.

I checked out Yuris software, compiled it myself and it worked out of the box. Even most settings still apply. I tried checking out Wolfgangs branch of the software, but that doesn't compile. Probably a missing .h file. I try contacting him.

We have Fieldday next week, so plenty of antennas to measure :)
    73!

8. PU1PHS

PU1PHS Ham Member QRZ Page

what problem are you having I have the mini 60 and managed to make it work on the computer normally after it has the way the rs 232 converter works

9. YO3GXL

YO3GXL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I just received my mini600 and is working okay. I tested on a 50 OHM load (calibrated load for GSM/UMTS) and readings are perfect. Also I've mesured my new Bazooka Pro antenna and SWR is exactly as expected in all bands.
    With mini600 I received the so called manual :D, if anyone interested on it just let me know.
    73!
    Alex

10. DC3AX

I flashed the firmware from DH1AKF what reduced the frequency to 450MHz. But while that is actually enough for me, the menu and usability is much better then compared to the Chinese firmware.

DH1AKF is currently testing the higher marks, he build images that sync on the 4th and 5th harmonics, so 850MHz and 1450MHz are available, but currently with reduced precision.

Unfortunately there is only a German forum:
    https://www.qrpforum.de/index.php?p...15&s=1db52d194523e974a9291c4331ac509ff7c1810e
    So let me know if translation help is needed.

73 de Ulrich