[Mini CW rant].... learn your own call sign please!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Feb 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

The K2's hams are bad for running the K and 2 together in their call. Hey, record yourself and listen every so often. Some folks sound like they're sending with a shovel hitting a rake. I don't like computer senders but I understand those with disabilities.

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

No one here would have appreciated my sending skills during the recent 6m contest. I thought I would be able to do the simple exchange like I practiced but the heat of the moment I was craptacular.

KC9UDX likes this.
  3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

At least you had the guts to do it and you did it. It's all downhill from here.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That should be long enough.
    Ste4e
    W62WIY

W4IOA likes this.
  5. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I once heard a CO6 station calling CQ and no one was answering him, apparently because his '6' had one too many dots. I presume he had saved his callsign in his keyer incorrectly, because he never got it right. Had he been using a straight key, he might have got it right sometimes. I contacted him, but I didn't attempt to inform him of his error because my Spanish is not that good, and an explanation in English might not have been understood.

6. WB2WIK

Por favor, corrija su memoria de manipulación para enviar su señal de llamada correctamente -- gracias

7. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Merci beaucoup, Steve.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

señal de llamada = indicativo
    su memoria de manipulación = la memoria del keyer makes more sense :)

9. WB2WIK

Didn't know a word for "keyer."

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably isn't one! I think they would all call it a "keyer" or possibly "llave de memória" :)