mini APRS Weather Station Project (( ESP-8266 )) DIY

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by VE2CUZ, Sep 20, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE2CUZ

VE2CUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

VK4HAT likes this.
  2. N1EBC

N1EBC Ham Member QRZ Page

So equipment wise what would you use?

Is this a module to connect to your cell phone or ham radio?

Thanks,
    Jason

3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

ESP-8266 is a microcontroller with built in WIFI, so its connected to the internet via his wifi router.

4. VE2CUZ

VE2CUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

the mini aprs weather is connect to your wifi network and broadcast to aprs server and weather underground server. is include telemitry for battery voltage and wifi signal strength. is include builtin web page to monitor and configuration your station. is compatible with blynk service iot Internet of Thing.

5. N1EBC

N1EBC Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking more of a mobile thing like hiking up a mountain without wifi.
    Thanks,
    Jason

6. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Pictures are not showing up here. :confused:

7. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

Look more closely at Post #1: https://qsl.net/ve2cuz is a 'secure' website. He also posted the source of the code used. ( That is twice ). If you click on his QRZ Page (callsign) ( blue block to the left , then Detail Tab), you note that the QRZ website has a map which you can 'zoom in or out' regarding his location ( aye? ) No APRS through that map, there should not be. His APRS weather map is a different one. Now try clicking on that 'pink area' ( the blue letters turn 'pink' when your cursor is over them ) that has the https:// as I just specified. His site gives weather information for his area ( aye? ). Yet it first gives the link to the code, aye? The word 'aye' is an affirmative sometimes used to check for understanding, rather than 'yes/no?'. That is a popular way to end a sentence in Canada, aye? Note the time and conditions update, aye? Note that it is a "Google" map when you pick the second option on his site, aye?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  8. TA5AIJ

TA5AIJ QRZ Member

Can i just use the cheaper BMP280 instead of the much more expensive BME280. Thanks

9. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought it was "EH"
    "AYE" makes me think of popeye the sailer or a pirate "AYE AYE Captain" :D:D

nice esp8266 article. They're very handy. Just started playing with an ESP32 and managed to get it to do some wx icons.
    Isn't it possible to route the web page directly thru the router to the internet without blink or other services?
    I do that with my generator/sump pump monitor as a text display