Military Campgrounds

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by N3AWS, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes--Mayport is very nice. Right at the mouth of the St John's River and the Atlantic beach. Nice lighthouse which you could easily activate.

We still have our house in JAX and likely will retire there.

The military campgrounds aren't free, but they much nicer in my opinion than most private ones and less expensive.

That said, if you are a vet or active duty and they aren't full, many will cut you a deep discount--but keep it hush, hush--don't post that on the internet.

OH; DUH!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

73, Jim N3AWS

2. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

When we took the Scouts to visit Annapolis, we stayed at the campground on the base just across the river. We were able to buy our meals at the commissary too. I think it was the Boy Scout association that gave us access.

3. N4SNV

N4SNV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used the RV camping aboard the Mayport. Pelicans Roost is a great place to camp. Clean
    enough that I use their facilities rather than my shower in the RV. Earl N4SNV

4. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

And when I retired from US Civil Service as a DoD civilian in 1993 you could use the camp grounds on space available basis also but military came first, as it should be.

5. K0HB

K0HB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fort Bliss RV park at El Paso is among the nicest I've ever seen. $13.00 or $11.00 with Golden age pass. Easy access just off the Transmountain Highway (Hwy 375).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.