ad: elecraft

Middletown, NY April 14, 2013 Saw some good deals.

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by W1GUH, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1GUH

W1GUH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a smaller hamfest, but today it had some very good deals. The star of the show was a table with both an HT-37 and an HT-32a. Both looked in VG to E condx on the outside, and each of them had a tag on it, "Works Great! $100". Yep, $100 each. It hurt to pass up the '32a, but I live in a fourth floor walk-up and couldn't use it anyway, so I had to. Funny thing...they hadn't sold as of a late hour at the fester.

Saw an R-4A for $145.

I finally saw a good looking AR-3 at this fester and it looked in good shape. Matter of fact there were two. The tag was marked "$30 Two sets" and, had I not gotten a Mohican last year, I probably would have taken them - that was my novice receiver. But the Mohican fills the "455 kc IF single conversion rx" slot in my collection.

Also saw other Drake stuff...B-line, TR-4 and a TR-3 with an RV-3 and AC3. Don't know the asking for those because they weren't marked.

I didn't get much, but what I did was nice. Got a Heathkit HP-13 DC supply for $10. Condition is unknown, but at that price, who cares? I'll be it's ready to go, or at the most needs new caps. That's potential DC supply #3 for the KWM-2 I'm going to find (thinking positively)! Also picked up a manual for an SX-96, a receiver that's on my list, thinking it might be a sleeper. Dunno what its prices are doing today, but I'd bet its well down from SX-100 prices.

There are still lots and lots of good deals out there at hamfests. The catch is, ya gotta get out to 'em and hunt around for yourself. And that's a LOT of fun!

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I too was there at the Middletown NY Hamfest and had a good time, thanks to All who helped the Hamfest run so smooth.
    I took a bunch of photos and posted them in a movie format on Youtube.

Please share the link with others.

73 K2HAT Lee Hatfield. :):cool:
    [video=youtube;f4osHXXAyP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4osHXXAyP4[/video]

3. W1GUH

W1GUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that! It's great.

Guess I lied...the '37 work "fine", the 32a works "great"!

Do you know Dave and Gary at the setup in the second image? I've known Dave for over 20 years and his stuff is always the "good stuff." They're great for all those little things we can't get enough of.

Also saw multiple images of Jeff, K1NSS's (of Dash!toons fame) setup where it appeared as if some great BA's were being bet at a craps table! His Dash! book absolutely and perfectly captures the essence of being a new adolescent novice in the early 60's. We've become really good friends.

I saw a couple of pix of the MFJ balanced tuner. Sorry I missed that at the fester - would have love to talk to the guy about it. Not to buy - I already have one, but it would have been great to hear his experience with it.

I forgot to mention that small Viking matchbox with the meter. IIRC it was marked $60 but dunno if included the other part for the meter. Already have one of those, too, so my interest was only casual.

Was that you with what looked like a second head? That of a great looking dog?

And...finally....Whew! No pix of yours truly! At least that I noticed. Just kiddin' about that.

Thanks again.

4. KC2WWY

KC2WWY Ham Member QRZ Page

It was good to see some friends and have a good time till next year 73 from KC2WWY Steve.

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

LOL, nope did not have a dog with me, LOL.

Here is a photo of me with NR2J Dave.

DSCN7732 (Medium).JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.