Microphones appropriate for ham gear listings?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W8AAZ, May 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am thinking of selling some microphones on here that are not specifically ham radio mics but most of them have been used for that purpose in the past, as well as for PA and other uses. So can they be listed in the ham radio sales, or do they have to go into the listings of non ham equipment? They are all vintage items, not in production now.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

why not just list in "General merchandise"? Then there will be no debate or complaint

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You would be just fine putting them into the Ham Radio Gear For Sale Forum.

K3XR likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

If they're much better than for just ham radio use, you can probably get more for them elsewhere. I suggest you list them there too/instead.

5. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would list them here at a fixed price I felt was reasonable, versus an auction site where you lowball to build up bids, hopefully. I just put one mic up for auction somewhere and with a very low price trying to get ahead of the competition. Hopefully. Or I will lose my shirt on it maybe.

6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

With eBay you can set it at what ever you want, and have a reserve, or you put them up with a fixed price - Buy Now. Or both, even.

WA7PRC likes this.
  7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

...and reach a much larger group of buyers. A buyer can create a search for an item, and receive an email when someone lists it. Ham classifieds don't have that feature.