ad: wmr-1

Mic or DIN Connection

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W5VTC, Sep 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5VTC

W5VTC Ham Member QRZ Page

My nephew asked me a question and it stumped me. Setting up the TS-570D(G), we were talking about USB interfaces. The radio has a 13 pin Din and the Signalink interface can make either a mic or din connection. He asked me, "If it can do both, which one is better? My response was, "whichever you prefer". Later, I started thinking is there really a difference? What say you?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to me, It would mater if you plan to use a mic also.

W5VTC likes this.
  3. W5VTC

Not having to disconnect the mic would be the main reason #1 for me, to go DIN.

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I "think" the audio levels are "fixed" when using the DIN plug

W5VTC likes this.
  5. W5VTC

That's very interesting. You may of helped me with a problem I've been chasing. Thank you James!

6. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI ( and no, I have no financial interest here ) : Electronic Parts Outlet 3753 Fondren Road, Houston TX 77063 just sold me a 13-Pin Male DIN ( Regular size shell, not to be confused with the PS/2 mini-shell ) for $2.25 P/N ETA13B. Their phone is 713-784-0140. With cautious soldering ( The backside of the pins looks like pins rather than sockets ), it should work for the TS-450S. See my thread asking about CAT (ACC) or AX.25 etc. (ACC2) for the TS-450S. There are more hints there... 73

W5VTC and KA9JLM like this.