mic/audio switch

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by AB6KX, Jan 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB6KX

AB6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am getting ready to jump into hf digital modes and want to know if anyone has a circuit or design to switch audio to the 8pin jack on my yaesu from with my sound card interface or my handheld 8pin mic. i know it should be easy but I figured id use the expertise of others so i dont waste time or parts on this.

thanks in advance

Dave
    AB6KX

2. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

If your mic has the RJ-45 connector (DT-450D, FT-991A, etc.) you can use this:

https://www.amazon.com/MT-VIKI-Netw...&qid=1609715685&sprefix=2+port,aps,158&sr=8-4

I use one on my Kenwood TM-281 to switch between the mic and a SignaLink. Works like a charm and it's super cheap.

If your rig uses a round mic connector, I can't help you... MFJ used to make a Mic/TNC switch, but it's been discontinued for quite a while. It was the MFJ-1272B. You might be able to find one on eBay.

3. AB6KX

Thanks for reply. I do have 8 pin Mic plug. I'm someone will chime in

4. KC2RGW

KC2RGW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’d recommend just feeding it through the RTTY/packet/data jack on the back, This way it bypasses any EQ or proc settings on the mic input and you can avoid adding the switch. There’s generally a mini DIN input on the back you can do this with.

5. AB6KX

ill have to see if i have that. I have a Yaesu FT-840 just got it recently.

6. KC2RGW

KC2RGW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, with the 840 you just have the AF out for sound output on the back, you still do need to key it and input audio via the mic jack. It’s on page 30 of the operator manual.

AB6KX likes this.