ad: ProAudio-1

MFJ's Martin Jue, K5FLU answers questions on YouTube

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G0KSC, Mar 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7RVX

K7RVX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this excellent interview! Martin F. Jue is a fine Southern Gentleman just like I thought he was. My workbench and shack are both loaded with fine MFJ products I've used and abused for many years. I'm not afraid to take any of them apart and make repairs or modifications. They are all easy to work on and it's easy to get technical assistance on the phone when I need it. The bottom line for me is I can still get parts. I hope Mr. Jue stays in business for another 50 years.

Mike
    K7RVX

K1XS, W4MAL, W9FL and 4 others like this.
  2. N5KIR

N5KIR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is not easy to start up a business and make it last. Congradulations to Martin for building a successful business.

W9FL likes this.
  3. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Over the past 32 years I've bought a few MFJ products that had quality control issues. I just fixed the issues and rather easily.

I have bought many radio toys from them, a good number of items that were only being manufactured by them at the time.

I've also bought some very expensive toys from Palstar and also had QC issues.

4. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ has been decent with everything I have ever purchased from them:

941E Versa Tuner, 812B 2m/220 SWR-Power meter, (2) 9440 transceivers, the 10m portable antenna, the 40T QRP transmitter, (3) CWF-2 filters...2 of which I still use on a daily basis, and they are nearing 50 years old.

5. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I met him at Dayton years ago. He knows his stuff and has done a lot for Mississippi.

6. KD5PUR

KD5PUR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two pieces of MFJ equipment, the 259 antenna analyzer and Ameritron ALS-600. The analyzer as worked good, the als-600 has been a pile of trouble, the finals only last about 3 months and I have resonant antennas and the mfj-986 tuner. Drive it with 20 watts and use the alc. It has been repaired twice and the finals are out again. Not going to have it repaired again.

7. W5KBM

W5KBM Ham Member QRZ Page

I haves to thank you for the 259b analyzer it is excellent and the price is fair. Has gotten me out of a lot of trouble. w5kbm

K4FMH likes this.
  8. W2NC

W2NC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd really like the inside scoop on what happened to MFJ's website. Sure, it was Web 1.0 but everything worked. Now the internets are littered with millions of broken links. I had thought it was just bad execution until one day I tried to log in to look at some old support tickets and login attempts failed. I emailed support to fix my login and they emailed back that everything was gone - my purchase history, support tickets and even my login - because of the website update. Who drops their customer table as part of a website makeover? I'm thinking MFJ suffered an unrecoverable back end catastrophe.

K6CLS likes this.