MFJ's Martin Jue, K5FLU answers questions on YouTube

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G0KSC, Mar 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have two MFJ-Tuners (one bought second hand), MFJ Audio switch and an MFJ Balun given to me (I would never buy a Balun LOL). I have had no problems with any of them in 3 years. And if I did, I am sure I can fix the issue. So, for me, the savings in price versus possible quality issues is not a concern.

2. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a few MFJ products and use and like them. Never had a prolbem. It is nice to still have things made here. Hope to have them around another 50 years! 73

W9FL and KK4NSF like this.
  3. KH6VM

KH6VM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent interview.

Yes I own many MFJ products, many new and others new to me from other ham.

It's so nice to see MFJ is mostly manufactured in the US and in Missouri, great.

Not because poor design or assembly I've personally repaired a lot MFJ gear that bit the dust due to miss-use or running a KW on a 300W tuner.. : )
    Yes my friend really let the smoke out of that tuner. The tuner was easily repaired and thanks to MFJ for including schematics.

Martin, Mahalo Niu Loa!

Henry - KH6VM

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Martin for being an enduring example of opportunity and enablement. Your hardware has given countless hams enjoyment and set new standards that the big rig manufacturers have had to live up to.

Wishing you a great upcoming 50th for MFJ!

Chip W1YW

W4MAL, KK4NSF and W1BR like this.
  5. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Love him or hate him, MFJ has kept a lot of old line ham companies in business.

KK4NSF and W1YW like this.
  6. K7RVX

K7RVX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for this excellent interview! Martin F. Jue is a fine Southern Gentleman just like I thought he was. My workbench and shack are both loaded with fine MFJ products I've used and abused for many years. I'm not afraid to take any of them apart and make repairs or modifications. They are all easy to work on and it's easy to get technical assistance on the phone when I need it. The bottom line for me is I can still get parts. I hope Mr. Jue stays in business for another 50 years.

Mike
    K7RVX

K1XS, W4MAL, W9FL and 4 others like this.
  7. N5KIR

N5KIR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is not easy to start up a business and make it last. Congradulations to Martin for building a successful business.

W9FL likes this.
  8. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Over the past 32 years I've bought a few MFJ products that had quality control issues. I just fixed the issues and rather easily.

I have bought many radio toys from them, a good number of items that were only being manufactured by them at the time.

I've also bought some very expensive toys from Palstar and also had QC issues.

9. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ has been decent with everything I have ever purchased from them:

941E Versa Tuner, 812B 2m/220 SWR-Power meter, (2) 9440 transceivers, the 10m portable antenna, the 40T QRP transmitter, (3) CWF-2 filters...2 of which I still use on a daily basis, and they are nearing 50 years old.

10. KI5ONL

KI5ONL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I met him at Dayton years ago. He knows his stuff and has done a lot for Mississippi.