MFJ's customer service

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6WI, Jan 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K6WI

K6WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think he was a CSR. I believe he is a tech and acted like I was wasting his time. Oh well. If that was the only thing to worry about, we would be golden, eh?

KA4DPO likes this.
  2. K6CID

K6CID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have called Cushcraft and Ameritron a few times and I found them very helpful. They are one of the few companies where you can speak to an actual person. Maybe it’s your approach.
    K6CID - Colin

KI4ZUQ, K8PG and WZ7U like this.
  3. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Elecraft.

N2SR likes this.
  4. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DXE Engineering, for just about every product they stock /sell.

N2EY, WD4ELG and W4HM like this.
  5. K6WI

K6WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Like I said previously, I as polite.and asking a question on use of a product. I was no calling about a problem or anything like that. The tech acted like i was wasting his time. I own a business. I also work as a service writer ir a local auto shop. As much as I would like to say things I shouldn't, I dont. Customer service is just that. Its not easy. But if aanperson cant handle the job, then get out of it. Same with every other job.

WD4ELG likes this.
  6. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same experience here. I don't think they understand the concept of customer service.

7. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought allot of gear from MFJ in the past 30 years but won't deal with them directly anymore because of their rudeness.

I buy directly from DX Engineering because they have great customer service.

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fall out from the Pandemic of 20/21 will be the loss of person to person contact. I've noticed robot support in many areas now. As a question and you get a menu of responses. Robotics will be replacing people in many different ways. Much of the unemployment initially caused by COVID-19 will become permanent. Somewhere in our future I see a drone population becoming reality. The school system will have to prepare people to be effective drones. :D Governments will have to recruit people satisfied to adopt drone status. :cool:

9. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

MFJ makes their stuff in places like Indonesia, China, Mexico....you name it. Others are assembled in the US with parts from overseas. ;)

10. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

You know, I deal with them a lot.... and have never had a bad experience. I get along especially well with their local vendor who does whatever he can to make sure our local hams get what they need. While I'm sure some folks have not been satisfied, I've had far more problems with Amazon Vendors, E-Bay, and just about every other company that sells ham gear. Are they perfect? no. Are they rude and unresponsive? I've never seen it.

I sometimes wonder if all of this MFJ Bashing stems from some sort of bias against where they are located, who they are, or some sort of grudge based on something that happened decades ago. Whatever the reason, it seems unwarranted to me.... and I will continue to deal with them.

KI4ZUQ, KJ4YEV, AD5HR and 5 others like this.