ad: ProAudio-1

MFJ's customer service

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6WI, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:06 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6WI

K6WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like the idea of buying US built products when I can. Most of my gear is MFJ in that respect. But it seems every time I call them with a question about use of one of their products or other questions, I get a totally condescending attitude from whoever I talk to. Called today, (Ameitron) and get the same thing, including from the receptionist.

What is their problem over there? Unfortunately I think I'm done with them. I certainly don't treat my customers that way.

W4HM likes this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe they tire of dolts calling, wanting their money for nothing and their chics for free.

Not saying you are that way, at all.

3. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a single incident about 2 years ago when they sorta treated my question the same way. I have probably called them maybe 3 or 4 times total and gotten good answers. I always have the model # and serial number ready when I call. Have you tried their online help? I think the last couple of times I used online help (or whatever they call it)
    Tom WA4ILH

K6WI likes this.
  4. K6WI

Then why even say it? Maybe they should get out of the business if they can't provide a service.

5. K6WI

I haven't. I may try that if needed in the future

6. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had few problems with MFJ...
    They have good products and item seems to have a 1 year no questions asked return policy.
    They have had a few problems with the pandemic (who hasn't).
    Be patient and they will be responsive...
    ---Layne AE1N

K0UO and K6WI like this.
  7. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Also where else can you download user manuals before even buying?

K0UO likes this.
  8. K6WI

Oh I talked to them on the phone. No problem getting to them. Just the attitude and how they treat you on the phone is where I have a problem. I certainly don't treat my customers like that.

W4HM likes this.
  9. K6WI

There are MFJ user manuals all over the net to download. And they have their manuals on their website too to download

10. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

That ain't workin'

WA8FOZ and WZ7U like this.