ad: ARR

SOLD MFJ tuner

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NG9F, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. NG9F

NG9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've never used this tuner but it looks to be in order. It looks like at some point someone soldered wires to the center conductors of the SO-239 outlets on the back but there doesn't seem to be any damage as a result. I've played with the knobs and they all feel normal- the inductor clicks at the detents and the antenna and transmitter capacitors tune smoothly with no scratching or scraping.

[​IMG]

You can take a look at the eham reviews of this tuner here:

https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3532

[​IMG]

My email address is good on QRZ so send an email there if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

Let me be clear that this tuner will not win any beauty contests. There are some areas on the edges where the paint is worn. There is a little half-moon shaped defect in the paint on the bottom of the tuner.

[​IMG]

Almost all of the white painted lettering and dial indications are good. There are small scuffs here and there in the white lettering but they are minor.

[​IMG]

Both the front and rear panels are pretty clean if you can overlook the spots on the 3-sided cover that are scuffed and showing aluminum. Maybe a black sharpie or some paint would touch these up- I am not sure.

[​IMG]

I did notice that the screws on the rear switch that controls BYPASS/TUNE are different. This will not affect operation and I've looked inside and the bottom, longer screw that has been substituted does not interfere with operation in any way. It won't short anything out or cause any mechanical trouble that I can see.

[​IMG]

I am selling this "as is" because I think if there are any issues they will be easy to correct. It shows no obvious signs of too much power or any ridiculous fiddling inside the case. This is a very basic tuner. It seems sturdy enough and would probably work great as a mobile or portable field unit or for a young person with his first HF rig. But it's not a Palstar. It's not "mint" condition, although the interior looks pretty clean.

[​IMG]

REDUCED: I will take $64 for this tuner and FREE shipping. I will ship it via US Postal Service. Paypal is fine or if you want to pay some other way send an email to the address on my QRZ page. I will pack it securely. I am not taking offers right now, sorry.

Dave NG9F

2. NG9F

NG9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SOLD

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.