MFJ PowerPole Strips

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you run power in your shack or even when portable doing POTA or SOTA? The easiest way to get the power where you need it is via PowerPoles! MFJ has no shortage on PowerPoles! In this video I will show you inside and out of the PowerPole Strips MFJ 1106, 1124 and 1126. The MFJ-1106 is perfect for a small shack, portable, POTA or SOTA, while the MFJ-1124 and MFJ-1126 can stream line the power in your shack!

NN6A, N9UO, KB9OAK and 3 others like this.
  2. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Got a big bowl of popcorn out just for the comments. This should be a doozy. ;)

AA8GK, NX6ED, KI5AAI and 2 others like this.
  3. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Pretty much. Any time the word Baofeng or MFJ is mentioned, it's always a "show".

AA8GK, N2YQT, KP4SX and 3 others like this.
  4. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In BOLD:
    "The easiest way to get the power where you need it is via PowerPoles!"

That would be an opinion, not a fact. I use other methods for connecting power to my radio gear. None use PowerPoles.

Your post sounds more like an advertisement than anything else.

2E0HVK, WJ6F and K9GLS like this.
  5. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would you buy a copy-cat rip-off product cheaply made? I smell a rat that stinks like a used car salesman. I also find the OP's avatar extremely offensive, Mason's do not sell anything.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    2E0HVK, N3FAA and KI5AAI like this.
  6. AC6E

AC6E Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't know much about the MFJ power strips. I don't own one. But I think there are a couple of things to consider. While MFJ does make "cheap" stuff, and many of their items are copies of other items available from other manufacturers they do provide good access to the hobby for many hams. They have a no-matter-what warrantee. I also think nearly every ham has a product that MFJ makes. They have acquired a long list of brands. Yeah, I know, there are quality issues, I have heard about, and experienced all of the problems. But I still keep buying stuff that I want or need for the shack. Judge me if you like.

All of these product review videos, especially ones where the manufacturer provides the products being reviewed for free are advertisements. I don't think you can say that there is a rat here. When I ran the video it ran with text that said: "Video includes paid promotion". Didn't feel like anyone was trying to hide anything. On the other hand if you were in the market for a power strip for your shack, and you were comparing maybe the video would be helpful. I watched the video because I was interested in seeing how the MFJ power strips were shaping up. When I bought my power strip from West Mountain radio nearly 25 years ago, MFJ didn't have a power strip.

WA2DZO, W9EBE, WJ6F and 4 others like this.
  7. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a Rigrunner 4008 here, works very well. Got it years ago.

N5LB and WJ6F like this.
  8. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Power Poles are great for ease of use. So are lugs and wing nuts & those aren't made by MFJ. ;)

KC1DR, K6QI and KF4ZKU like this.
  9. K1TWH

K1TWH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmm, and here I've been using wire nuts for close to 50 years, just call me droopy ;) <Tom K1TWH

KF4ZKU and W2TAD like this.
  10. AE2B

AE2B Ham Member QRZ Page

wow a nut and washer does just fine on my power supply for the passed 26 years

KF4ZKU and W2TAD like this.