ad: M2Ant-1

MFJ in partnership with InnovAntennas and G0KSC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I met you before the the SB-220 both as N1IR and not since but maybe you dont remember and it is not a detail Im going to waste time with.
    Most likely at a hamfest in the area or Dayton where I regularly attended in the 80s and 90's and even had 6M conversions on display. While you mistook my statement to mean Ive known you continuously since then our only other meetings have been on Internet forums or simply watch you treating others over the years as you treat myself and others on this forum. I have absolutely no desire to actually see you in person again

Sorry to dissapoint you but Im still doing conversions as requested, my son will be carrying two of them back to Europe in 11 days and when he was still an active duty USAF Major in several European capitals scores were sent via USPS to various APO and DPO addresses. In return he was sending high end vacuum tube audio products this way. Repeat business and word of mouth is sufficient for the USA/VE these days as I have other fun projects to keep me busy.

Thanks for reminding me. Someone did that out of the blue but I never had the web design smarts to follow thru and meant to kill it years ago. See, youre actually useful for something....

I remember that well as I had no recourse to those lies. Eham does not permit rebuttals.

That amp was fine when it left here and he was told in advance there would be a long wait as I was traveling mostly in Europe for my employer.

Shortly after that amp came back to me from the new owner who certainly paid a bit MORE than I originally sold it for.
    It didnt work and generated lots of smoke.
    The Eham poster made a total mess out of it and I suspect he was clueless about tuning. I ripped all that crap out including the kluge relays he installed and rebuilt it exactly as original.
    I took several photos of the kluge since the new owner was 100% non technical and hadnt even taken it out of the cabinet.

I did all the work plus return UPS for free so thank you very much Nathan Cohen, W1YW aka N1IR for allowing me the opportunity to address this grievance. You deserve the credit even tho the results likely slammed your butt cheeks together real hard:eek:

W1YW aka N1IR Nathan Cohen thanks again for the plug, unlike you I dont have to constantly brag about my accomplishments, education and wealth. I dont care as we have nothing in common and Im very happy with my life and who I am.

With the quality of some amp companies products there is business for all who want it. I specialize on certain models and welcome walk in drop offs and some on the spot repairs. I stay far away from the digital controlled models with their proprietary components and software.

I never said Don Miller, W9WNV, was a murderer; what I did say he was convicted for conspiracy to COMMIT murder and served about 22 years in a CA prison. He was also a huge fraud in the DX world having operated places without permission and also not even being where he claimed other times. Those are ALL facts dear Nathan and I even included a site where his last of a series of appeals was dramatically DENIED. He should still be in jail as he shows no remorse.
    Your photo with him at Dayton speaks volumes about your choice of companions.

There are several levels of PhD's Nathan and you fit the one I ascribed to you in an earlier post.

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

As did an early version of De Oxit that was often referred to as De Wrex It when it was sprayed on bandswitches, even in vintage tube radios which is another interest of mine we have in common.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There's a 1999 QST product review article on an major-989c tuner, the the article says got "very hot" when tuning a 12.5 ohm load at 160 meters at high power. Well, yeah, Duh. But Doesn't say anything about a fire.

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a public embarrassment that MFJ is being held to task for severe QC/design issues that do not exist, specifically and profoundly, that one of its signature products is, or has been, DANGEROUS ('catch fire') according to KM1H.

We must take KM1H to task on this and remind him of several contradictory statements and unsupported assertions he has made. Here's a few recent ones:

1) KM1H called W9WNV a "convicted murderer" and now denies it(above) --see original assertion of "murderer" in post #377

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thr...os-transmissions-sending-again.547307/page-38

2) KM1H has stated that MFJ tuners , at least in the past,"catch fire" but is either unwilling or unable to provide any facts that support that defamatory assertion. There is no presented evidence to support this assertion;

3) KM1H states that we met before 1999 at a ham convention, especially Dayton. That is false. And I never attended Dayton until 2013, when I was asked to be a speaker at the Youth Forum. KM1H does not know me, anymore than Walter Cronkite knew K1MAN... ;

4)KM1H has questioned NN4RH's ham years --that is, his experience (Ron is a Ph.D. physicist with oodles of experience)--and stated that the FCC reveals no previous callsigns. In fact, the FCC database very much reveals Ron's previous callsign. And, you can also see it in the first sentence of Ron's Zed bio .

5) KM1H asserted that Cushcraft (now one of MFJ's top brands) was at the point of "dissolving" but, in fact, the company sold for $90M in 2007 and became part of Laird.

How is all this relevant?

G0KSC has a fine product line that we now will see stateside via MFJ. This is a wise decision. It would be tragic if this opportunity, for US customers, and Justin, were interfered by false accusations. IMO, KM1H has posed nothing here that reveals or supports any prior issues with MFJ and its various antenna divisions, and his assertions and contradictions are not relevant to this posted OP and opportunity for MFJ and Justin.

Again, best to Justin and MFJ.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

C'mon Ron, you know all endotherms CATCH FIRE from self-induced spontaneous combustion...

We all know that where there's JOULES there's FIRE....right?;-)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think they no longer award the PhD in Oodles. Mine was in a field called "Experimental Solid State Physics" which also doesn't exist anymore.

In any case, my degree does not give me any particular wisdom or authority in the use and evaluation of MFJ products. So all ai offer is a simple statement of fact, the I have personally owned about two dozen pieces of MFJ equipment, and not one has ever burst into flames.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I never did like the term 'condensed matter'... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.