Mfj 939 tuner

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KI8DJ, May 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KI8DJ

KI8DJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought this tuner with hopes from reviews on eham. I should have not bothered. The tuner matches almost anything with enough tweaking but does not seem to remember is settings.

Also it presents a very high swr on bypass mode. This thing is always trying to retune also. Very glitchy.

Took it out of line the way it acts I don't believe it would last very long. I'm very disappointed.

2. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

This is an EXCELLENT tuner. You MUST read the manual very carefully as it take some getting used to. Properly setup you and work all bands with instant tuneup from it's memory banks. There is a memory button be sure it is on. DO NOT work in bypass mode. Mine loads my anenna on ALL 11 bands 6m through 160m. Be patient as it is a technologically advanced instrument. But there IS a learning curve!
    ---Layne AE1N

3. KI8DJ

I will have to Download the manual but I don't think it's working correctly. I only needed it for 75 meters and my qth is so noisey I can barely operate there anyway. Also I have a 6 meter antenna that needs a little tuning and I want to use that on the rigs other antenna port. The rigs internal tuner is disabled when set up for the 939. It tunes 6 meters but attenuates the recieve significantly.

4. N3LI

N3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you trying to use the 939 on 6 meters? It's an 80 to 10 meter tuner.

5. KI8DJ

Yes it tunes there as others have said but not with efficiency apparently. I'm not getting rid of it but but using the rig tuner through sporadic E season . After looking at the manual I have a better understanding of the unit. Who would have thought a box with 3 buttons would be so complicated,

MI7CUE likes this.