ad: hrd-2

mfj-936b loop antenna tuner

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by G6UMN, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. G6UMN

G6UMN Ham Member QRZ Page

i would be interested to hear from anyone who has used this magnetic loop tuner.the one concern i have is the r.f in the shack.Les G6umn

2. N3LCW

N3LCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Les,

I have this loop tuner and it works surprisingly well. I would highly recommend although it has a steep price. It is very touchy on tuning as all compact loops will be, but once you get the knack you will be surprised with the results.

Since I had such good luck with this tuner I found Ben's web site http://g0cwt.co.uk/magloops/ to be an excellent source and recommend you try his feed method also.

Andy N3LCW

3. G6UMN

G6UMN Ham Member QRZ Page

magnetic loop

Hi Andy,many thanks for your comments regarding the mfj-936b loop antenna tuner.I dont have the room for beams or wire antennas,so the loop is really my only option.Thanks again Andy.Best regards Les G6UMN

4. N5TSG

N5TSG Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N3LCW

N3LCW Ham Member QRZ Page

You won't be sorry. I hear signals on 20M that my attic 20M dipole couldn't. This with the tuner and small loop sitting on my 2nd floor landing, indoors! Amazing.

Andy N3LCW

6. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the MFJ-936 and it is a lot of fun. Very interesting to experiment with different loop sizes, locations and configurations. I bought it primarily to use when away from home, but pulled it off the shelf last night just for the heck of it. I made a loop out of 20 -24 ft of extremely thin gauge solid copper wire. I wasn't expecting much on this occasion as I figured such a thin radiator would be too inefficient to allow for much. I also was not able to tune it down to a very low SWR because I was in the proximity of some large metal objects. I finally got it down to around 1.3:1 though and put 10 watts into it. I was surprised when a station in Illinois came right back to me. I may have to pull it off the shelf more often ...

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.