Mfj-826b

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA2WBX, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:01 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA2WBX

WA2WBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Any fellow hams have a review of the mfj-826b digital watt / swr meter? Someone must have one or had one. Before i buy one, i would love to hear your opinions! Tnx, gary. WA2WBX

2. KR6NU

KR6NU Ham Member QRZ Page

eham.net has a couple of dozen reviews posted.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouldn't be my choice for the price they're asking.

Don't need a frequency counter, and when the ARRL Lab reviewed its predecessor a few years ago it was kind of "meh," and they found the "factory calibration" was pretty far off; however, after they calibrated it, it was closer but still pretty far off on 10m and 6m.

4. WA2WBX

WB2WIK, what would you suggest? Tnx, gary.

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For just a good PEP wattmeter/SWR meter for HF work, the Ameritron AWM-30B is quite good.

I liked the old Autek WM-1 better (I do own both of these) but it's no longer made and when they come up for sale used, they're snapped up in a few seconds so it's hard to find one. But the AWM-30B also works well and is quite accurate.

Any "real PEP" meter requires a power source, so this one does also. It can run using a 9V battery for a while but connecting it to a 12V station power supply is usually a better idea (prevents having to change batteries)!

WA2WBX likes this.
  6. WA2WBX

THANK YOU!