SOLD MFJ 3KW Differential T Tuner

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W6SFG, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W6SFG

W6SFG Ham Member QRZ Page

I am selling my MFJ 3 KW differential T tuner, because I just purchased an MFJ Automatic "Intellituner"
    This Differential T tuner will virtually tune any antenna!
    (see MFJ info below) It is in excellent condition except for a few small scratches on the front face plate.
    See Pix. The price is firm at $230.00 and I will pay ground shipping within the continental US.
    If interested you may contact me at W6SFG @ OUTLOOK.COM or bruce.braun @ gmail.com

MFJ Dif T tuner.jpg MFJ Tuner.jpg inside1.jpg inductor.jpg
    MFJs innovative Differential-T Tuner uses a differential capacitor that makes tuning easier than ever. It gives minimum SWR at only one setting. Broadband coverage ends constant re-tuning. The MFJ-986 is a rugged roller inductor antenna tuner that handles 3KW PEP SSB amplifier input power (1500 Watts PEP SSB output power). It tunes 1.8 - 30 MHz continuously, including MARS and WARC bands.

MFJs exclusive AirCore Roller Inductor gives absolute minimum SWR -- something tapped inductors just cant do. 3-digit turns counter plus a spinner knob gives precise inductance control so you can quickly retune your frequency. A lighted peak and average reading Cross-Needle meter shows SWR, forward and reflected power at a single glance!

You get 6-position antenna switch that lets you select two coax lines and/or random wires (direct or through tuner), balanced line and external dummy load. The MFJ TrueCurrentBalun for balanced lines minimizes feedline radiation that causes field pattern distortion, TVI and RF in you shack. Ceramic feedthru insulators for balanced lines withstand high voltages and temperatures.

Replacing two variable capacitors with a single differential capacitor gives a wide range T-Network tuner with only two controls -- a tuning capacitor and a roller inductor. Simple 2-knob tuning makes tuning easier than ever. You get minimum SWR at only one setting a broadband response that ends constant re-tuning. Youll spend your time QSOing instead of fooling with your tuner. The compact cabinet has plenty of room to mount the roller inductor away from metal surfaces for highest Q -- you get high efficiency and more power into your antenna.

2. W2PPJ

W2PPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

it looks like a pre 90's model can you confirm?

3. W2PPJ

as in built in 1980's can you confirm?

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The ad sez; If interested you may contact me at W6SFG @ OUTLOOK.COM or bruce.braun @ gmail.com

N3AB likes this.
  5. W2PPJ

if he wants to sell it he will contact me through qrz.
    i can read thanks. if he wants to sell it he will check qrz? i have my reasons whatever they maybe for not sending endless emails through my email account. thank you good day sir !!

6. W6SFG

SOLD - thank you for your interest.

7. W6SFG

8. W6SFG

9. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.