SOLD MFJ 226 - 1MHz to 230Mhz Antenna Analyzer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KO5V, Feb 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KO5V

KO5V XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a really neat tool, and is in excellent condition. I used it to set up a couple multi-band HF antennas I was building. Here is the link to the MFJ page describing its capabilities:

https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-226

For an accurate measurement, the unit needs to run an "OSL" calibration at the measurement point, either at the analyzer's connector, or at the end of the cable that is connected to the system under test. In calibration mode, the analyzer prompts you to connect open, short and resistive loads, then measures each one across the chosen frequency range. I used three UHF connectors: one is open, one is shorted, and the last has a 1/8W resistor that measures 50.1 ohms soldered across it. A set of precision loads can be found on-line, and are not expensive, but the ones I made seemed to work fine

There are 4 locations to save these data sets. There is also a Global calibration that is the default, but I think it needs to be re-calibrated, and I was measuring some screwy stuff, so I did the custom cals for what I was measuring. When I transmitted into the antennas, my LP-100 watt meter showed close to the same data that I measured with the analyzer.

Once the menu system is understood (and it took me a few tries!), it is easy to set up, but recalling a saved calibration into a new frequency range caused me great frustration until I understood that I had to run a cal for that new range. That is trivial, and only takes a couple of minutes.

It downloaded saved files to my Windows 7 machine, after I found the software at the manufacturer's (Times Technology) website.

Included is the analyzer, manual, USB cable, UHF to Type-N adapter and the original packaging.

So, I would keep this, but right now, I have a rather large, unexpected expense, so I need to get rid of a few things, rather than run up the credit card. New list price is $339.00, this one has a sticker on the box with $319.99. It's only a few months old, and I bought it from the original owner about 6 weeks ago.

I am asking $240.00, OBO, including USA shipping, with payment by PayPal.

Please contact me by email at: ("mycall" at arrl dot net), or by a PM here. Thanks for reading all of this!

73, Jim KO5V

Attached Files:

2. KO5V

Price Lowered to $225.00, including USA shipping. Thanks.

3. KO5V

This has been sold. Please close the thread.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.