Mfj 1894 swr meter vs Diamond sx200

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KG5BJV, May 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

Can’t decide between the two would like the mfj as it does 70cm but I like to hear opinions on people who own each please.

2. KG5BJV

Sorry mfj 874

3. K4JDH

K4JDH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have enjoyed the MFJ-874 for several years. My Kenwood TS-2000 has 70cm so that was important.

4. KG5BJV

Thanks for the reply I’m just concerned how accurate the swr and power readings are for 2 meters and 70cms? Also all of hf please

5. K4JDH

I have never tested mine against a known accurate meter. One way to be sure is with a Bird or similar type along with a full slug kit. Then all of this would require frequent calibration. I don't operate anywhere near the legal limit on any band so this isn't too important. As for SWR, my object is to get it as low as possible and check the radio for heating. Good luck.

6. KG5BJV

Thanks for the info as long as you get the swr as low as you can get it that’s all you can do not too important if it’s a different reading on different meters I thoughts the ts 2000 had a swr meter? Have you compared power readings on radio to what the power meter on the mfj meter says?

7. K4JDH

The meter is only for 160M-6M. I haven't compared the readings.