MFJ-1708 SDR Problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by F4HSQ, Mar 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just seen a ad here on QRZ advertising the MFJ-1708SDR

V2 coming soon is my guess. C5 = 1pf, Maybe add a removable jumper.

2. KA7KDX

KA7KDX Ham Member QRZ Page

ha, that would explain the high swr. I chased that for several hours. Ordered the MFJ-1708B-SDR, but it's backordered for 4 weeks.

3. KG2C

KG2C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is in stock now at HRO and mine got shipped yesterday.

4. KA7KDX

out of stock... 3 weeks.

5. KA7KDX

I got my 1708B today, 3:1 at 144.120MHz :(

6. W2WDX

W2WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

After all these years ya guys still don't know ... what MFJ stands for ... Mother F Junk. Decades worth of similar stories and you still buy their stuff? Really?! You guys STILL buy this junk ... after all this time?

I'm miffed. I wouldn't even buy a PL-259 connector from them.

7. KA7KDX

I'd like feedback from others before I draw conclusions.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too.

Building something better is a option too.

I would trust the MFJ SO-239 connectors. :p

9. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It really kills me how some of you guys "trash" MFJ, yet, you still buy the product. MFJ is one of the best companies I ever dealt with. Sure, maybe they have some quality issues, no doubt. That said, they have never ever questioned a request for a replacement item, missing part, or anything else. Almost evey time I had a problem, the replacement item was shipped before I even returned the defective item. Now you want better quality? Ok, fine, dont be cheap and be willing to spend 200 or 300 bucks for the "quality you demand" and not 25 bucks. You spend cheap, expect a problem or two. It is on you, nobody else. I once purchased an ALS 600 that had problems. Sent it for repair, and it worked a week. Called MFJ and they asked me to send it back and they would give me a new replacement. To my surprise, I had shipping notice and tracking number in my email inbox the same day before I even had the bad unit back in its box. How many companies would do that? NONE I know of other than MFJ. Sure a 30 or 40 dollar item maybe, but a $1,700 amp? Goes to the character of the company witch in MFJ's case is top drawer.

10. KA7KDX

please, lets stay focused on the topic.