MFJ-1263 Help

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by KG5UN, May 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KG5UN

KG5UN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an MFJ-1263 microphone/radio switch and need some help.

I want to use it to switch mics between a Kenwood TS-2000 and an Icom 9100 but I cant get it to work.
    I can use the Kenwood wired mics with the Kenwood but not the Icom. I can use the Icom wired micw with the Icom but not the Kenwood.

I have double checked and triple checked the jumper placements per the manual but no luck.

Anyone had better luck with this?

Ed
    KG5UN

2. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

The Icom mic requires a voltage to operate which is why it won't work on the Kenwood. You can put a blocking cap on the mic line from the Icom and use the Kenwood but you'll probably need to crank the gain up from where you have it set for the Icom mic. In reverse, the Icom mic would need to have a voltage inserted via a bias-T in order to work on the KW.

KG5UN likes this.
  3. KJ7GKE

KJ7GKE Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having the same issue - trying to switch between Kenwood TS430 and an ICOM 7300, Heil headset and a Kenwood MC-60 desk mic - pretty aggravating in that it's not living up to MFJ's claims. emailed their tech support but have heard from others on varous forums that Tech Support won't advise on configuartion since they don't want to be liable if there is damage to radio(s) based on their advise. Currently I can switch between two mics for the ICOM but haven't been able to get the Kenwood to play ball. When I first opened the unit for configuration, there was a solder splash shorting a pin to the case. Lucky I saw that early and removed it. The QC is not first rate by any means. Was also a bit disappointed that I had to order another radio cable for $40 assuming I could get the Kenwood to join in but that hope seems dim now. Not to be negative but it looks like I have spent about $190 for a mic switch... If anyone has advise on the proper config, I am all ears. Thanks, Charlie