Membership Application Question for a Ten Ten Member

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by KK4PP, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK4PP

KK4PP Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear a lot of folks calling "CQ 10 10" and I assume they are attempting to only make contact with other 10-10 members. I looked at the membership application and it is a prerequisite to log 10 QSOs with 10-10 members.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it proper procedure for a non-member to answer a "CQ 10 10" for the purposes of making those 10 QSOs? Is it appropriate for a non-member to call CQ 10 10 for the same reason?

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably mostly KC4TVZ

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, and Yes

as a TECH, you can use the daily (except Sunday) 10-10 net on 28.380 @ 1800z too.

4. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

28.425. If you can hear him in CA, the band is open to the East Coast.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes - Todd in fact makes a pretty darn good 10m SSB beacon. He'll run that voice keyer calling "seeeeeeee cue seeeeee cue"
    for hours on end sometimes without a single answer. I honestly believe much of the time he's not even home - he's simply
    "holding down his frequency". I actually worked him once and 1 minute in truly regretted answering LOL!

But yes, it's totally fine to get your 10 members by answering their 10-10 calls. I got my 10-10 number for the heck of it
    a few years ago - worked all 10 in about 20 minutes or so. Note that you do NOT have renew your membership ($$) every
    year. Your number will NOT be deleted and you can still work 10-10 events - just can't apply for their awards.

The only person I'm aware of having lost their 10-10 number was....... you guessed it! Todd KC4TVZ!

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.