MELCAHOON

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KC8KZY, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8KZY

KC8KZY Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k9zmd @ Dec. 08 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">&quot;Melcahoon&quot; has recently listed some nice equipment for sale: two TS-2000 xcvrs at attractive price, and a TH-78A w/accessories, also attractive price.  But -
    No callsign or identifiable name (20+ Cahoons have FCC license, none named Mel; no Melcahoons listed).  No address.  Phone number not searchable in anywho.com -
    wazzup here?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Does seem strange, huh? Did you send him an email asking for this info, so you can check him out, or won't he answer?

Tom /KC8KZY

2. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve Blackwell, KB7TEF, is &quot;melcahoon&quot;, but those ads seem to have disappeared shortly after my original inquiry.  
        An email reply tipped me that melcahoon may be KB7TEF, based on an Internet search of  melcahoon's phone number.  Later, my own Internet searches on that number drew hits that linked it to Steve's call sign, his other telephone number, and his street address.
        On about Dec 11th, I sent an email to Steve asking if he'd posted the ads &amp; still had the equipment for sale (hoped that he had, as I'm more comfortable talking with a ham about equipment for sale).  
        As of Dec 24th, no reply from Steve.  Lots of things could account for his silence, so it isn't fair to draw any conclusions.  Although I'm not comfortable with the situation, anyone else still interested in buying from him can check his ads (for mucho equipment, including the same stuff listed by melcahoon) on qth.com, eham.net, &amp; qrz.com (search kb7tef).  Many of those ads were posted since this string started.  K9ZMD     CL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.