Megacycles & Megahertz

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K9KXW, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee, Eric.

you are stealing some ideas from my own novel:

"Plasmid Dreams. A story of molecular biology for fun and profit." [​IMG]

2. K9KXW

K9KXW Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread is just like the "Energizer Bunny", it keeps going and going and going and going......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt that. I wrote this in 1987!

4. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

SVD, thank you for your kind words.

As for getting a wire up, yes, AE4FA has been recruiting locals for me on 40 phone. When I have the wire, coax and weatherproof box for the SGC230, I'm sure it'll all work out. All good things in due time.

5. WA9SVD

But MY original ideas are a few hundred thousand cell divisions prior to YOUR writings. [​IMG]

And I have the lab notes to prove it! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a teaser from MY novel:

"Step away from the microscope, Dr. Gwozdz. Step away and nobody gets hurt. If your organism hasn't escaped this level, we can ALL leave BioLevel 4 quarantine in a few weeks..."

And not for the squeamish, MY novel includes bacterial sex, and scenes of antibody violence, and even acts of cellular self destruction. A real thriller par excellance.

6. WA9SVD

Christopher,

Let us know when you are up and running on 40 meters, even if it's on SSB ands not your preferred mode. I'd consider it an honor and a privilege to work you from my own station or our club station. Keep us informed of your operational status!

7. KE5FRY

KE5FRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I was teaching at the Fleet Sonar School in Key West 1968-1970. One of the instructors had a joke lesson where he was teaching the students how to convert from cycles to Hertz by multiplying by 1 and Hertz to cycles by dividing by one. Half the time they would have it note form by the time they got the joke.

8. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My Webpage

See what's happnin' wif the movie. [​IMG]

9. K4EEZ

K4EEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

hey Jim
    When I was in college, I remembered a saying but i can remember it, you can get hertz if you fall of a cycle but... and i cant remember the rest... sorry. wonder if any else can remember it?

10. WA9SVD

Actually, many times I prefer to describe frequency in "furlongs per fortnight."
    Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to put up a 1.0 Megafurlong/fortnight (1.0 Mfu/fn) antenna. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.