Max Legal Power

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0DZ, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5ATX

W5ATX Guest

My feeling is that if you don't want us to know who you are (and I don't just mean MB - most of what MB says isn't really objectionable anyway), it's because you're ashamed enough of what you have to say. And that's sad. If you're not proud of what you say, you should rethink what exactly you are saying.

As for privacy, I'll admit, I have a PO Box because I don't like the callbook and qrz blabbing to the world where I live. I hear so many folks talking on the air about vacations, etc, while everyone listening can know from her what houses will be empty and when. So yeah, that's a concern, and I've addressed it with the PO Box, but y'all still know WHO I am.

I've said things here that some may see as inflammatory, others that folks just don't like. But you still know WHO I am.

Good luck,

Chris

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a pretty good idea as to just who MB is.  However, as long as he doesn't violate any of Fred Lloyd's rules (personal attacks, profanity, obscenities, etc.) he is welcome to post on QRZ.com without revealing his real identity.

Also, if he is who I think he is, he really isn't that famous at all!  Now, the late Bill Orr WAS famous and he definitely did not conduct himself as MB is doing.

For Chris, ATX:

I definitely don't tell anyone on the local repeaters when my wife and I are going to be out-of-town. I do tell certain people via E-Mail who occasionally might drive by my house and see if anything is amiss. Also, the pet sitter comes by at least twice a day and spends a fair amount of time with our cats. In addition, the local police department will come by several times each day and night if you tell them you are going to be gone. Then, there are at least four families on the block who home school including the people right across the street. They definitely look out for things as well.

Glen, K9STH

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The reason anyone's true identity is important to me is that no one is credible without identification.

Only the internet has given anonymous people a forum; no newspaper or worthy magazine will publish so much as a "Letter to the Editor," let alone an OP-ED piece or anything else, without complete identification of the author.

Here on the ham radio forums or reflectors, it's even more important, as I challenge many statements made and strongly desire to verify some things with an on-air trial, that only an on-air trial will confirm. If I cannot identify the poster of unbelievable claims, that trial can never occur. So, my new policy is to totally ignore any comments made by anyone not willing to share their identity with us, and that's that.

WB2WIK/6

4. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here on the ham radio forums or reflectors, it's even more important, as I challenge many statements made and strongly desire to verify some things with an on-air trial, that only an on-air trial will confirm.  If I cannot identify the poster of unbelievable claims, that trial can never occur.  So, my new policy is to totally ignore any comments made by anyone not willing to share their identity with us, and that's that.

WB2WIK/6 [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Got to agree with Steve on this one.

I have posted my share of comments on the net and have yet to hear anything bad in return, either via E-mail or on various forums.

If you are concerned about internet stalking, you should turn off your PC, and throw it into the trash!

Yes, this is the internet and yes, an ID is not required, but it is a courtesy to others to let them know who you are let them make a determination on if they wish to correspond with you or not.

73 Gary WG7X

5. KC5NYO

KC5NYO Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WB2WIK @ Nov. 04 2002,12[​IMG])</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">........... So, my new policy is to totally ignore any comments made by anyone not willing to share their identity with us, and that's that.

WB2WIK/6[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Exactly! That's all anyone had to do to begin with!

If you don't like anon posts, ignore them. But to take away the ability of others to post anon seems a little misguided.

Now, if we could only get an &quot;ignore&quot; button added to the features ................   [​IMG]

73, Mike
    kc5nyo

6. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, and an &quot;Any&quot; key for my computer keyboard, too. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.