ad: chuckmartin

Master of Communication North America

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by 2E0INN, Jun 15, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. 2E0INN

2E0INN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

All
    I have collected this award however, I have 5 contacts with US Virgin Islands but in the award it shows US Virgin Islands as zero. Anyone any ideas why?

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

US Virgin Islands are a USA territory, but I believe that they would count as North America. Looked at some lists for DXCC NA and the US Virgin Islands are there. Master of NA is a new award, maybe there are some adjustments to be made?

I looked at my award list and it's the same as yours. Probably needs an adjustment by QRZ staff on what constitutes North America. I think most folks would consider USVI to be Caribbean, but for DXCC purposes, islands in the Caribbean count as North America, even if they are closer to South America.

Another small wrinkle in the DXCC "entities" list... They had to draw a line somewhere!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  3. 2E0INN

2E0INN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep my eye on it just to see where it ends up being allocated

4. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On a related thread QRZ rep said that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I think that a few more folks made them aware of what is and is not North America... at least for DXCC purposes.

5. 4Z5UY

4Z5UY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got this message that I am entitled to get this award, but I cannot apply for it.

"Dear 4Z5UY,
    Congratulations! QRZ Logbook has found that you are eligible for a new award!
    Logbook:
    4Z5UY Logbook (4Z5UY)
    Award:
    Master of Radio Communication - North America Mixed ......"

What should I do?