Maryland Clubs that run Fox Hunting

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by KN4BSH, Apr 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. KN4BSH

KN4BSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am located in Maryland, and have a big interest in Fox Hunting. Are clubs activity doing this activity? Is it very competitive, and have different levels of difficulty?

Thank you

2. KN4AUA

KN4AUA Ham Member QRZ Page

Most clubs do it during a Field Day. For instance, my club has a Field Day in June that lasts for 3 days. One of those days we'll being running a Fox Hunt. Best advice is to get involved in your local club and ask.

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly what part of fMaryland is Great Falls Virginia located in?

My newest club (Pennsylvania) holds monthly Foxhunts in the more temperate seasons (a big part of why I joined). My experience is still quite limited, but I see that only a small percentage of the membership participates. Competitive? Well, the object is to find the Fox as efficiently as possible, but the really competitive types who can't win don't seem to stick with it. The ones who keep it going are in it because they enjoy the challenge. And nobody keeps score. I hope you find a club just like it.

Note: I just figured out how to turn a dead speaker VX-8 into a 440 Mhz Fox Transmitter this weekend. I only had to read that part of the manual half a dozen times to finally get it. Can't wait to surprise the group with the new toy (if they don't read this forum).

4. KN4BSH

KN4BSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not really looking for score or competing against people. I want it for the experience and fun - since it is one of the reasons I got into the hobby. Thank you.