ad: Retevis-1

Marshall Island and Amelia Earhart's SOS transmissions-sending again

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1YTG, Dec 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Should we be celebrating illegal activity?

WA7SON likes this.
  2. N7EAA

N7EAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Lol I am shopping with the xyl ugh!!

W1YW likes this.
  3. WB6FQZ

WB6FQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure, my examiner was Mike Grimes and he worked out of Barnes.

KD2DIG likes this.
  4. WA7SON

WA7SON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The fellow writing his request here on QRZ is using the callsign K1YTG. The supposed owner of that callsign, as looked up here is NORMAN GREENE, yet this fellow has signed his name as
    Les Kinney. Mr. Kinney, please explain this discrepancy. I find it odd as well that you wish to jump on the Amelia Earhart bandwagon, and toot your horn.

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually the proposed experiment, if signals are NOT heard, would not be conclusive.

I read that the aircraft transmitters had no harmonic suppression, so it would be possible that harmonics in the higher HF range could have been able to propagate considerable distances.

6. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You're only about the fourth person to point this out.

Not odd at all. This guy is all over the internet as an Amelia Earhart "researcher" for at least the past several years.

7. WA7SON

WA7SON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Once again, I understand. I as well am intrigued by the mystery surrounding her flight, but have no desire to consider myself a self described expert.

KD2DIG and G0GSY like this.
  8. WB6FQZ

You seem to be the only one in opposition to the original post....what does that tell you? Are you the smartest man in the world? Sorry I hurt your itti-bitty fellings. Just listen, if it's a hoax....SO WHAT!
    Go play with your fractal antenna..............

VE7DH likes this.
  9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of things in life are illegal!!! Not coming to a full stop at a stop sign or ignoring the NO TURN ON RED sign. Going 60 in a 55 Zone!!
    If I was arrested for every little thing I did outside the law, I'd be spending ETERNITY in Jail!!!
    But who is really being harmed by this??
    In fact, I think it is downright Fascinating!!!! I hope they issue QSL cards for Reception reports.
    In fact, I would bet big bucks that NO ONE AT THE FCC gives a RATS HINDQUARTERS about this, other than the curiousity if they can hear them too!!!
    SO MUCH ADO about nuttin!!! NO ONE CARES, except a few crusty old codgers with thier panties in a bunch!!!

KM4NOW, N7EAA, AA9SD and 3 others like this.
  10. WB6FQZ

Hey Patrick you're right on brother. I like cats too but dogs are my favorite people..........

11. K6YF

K6YF Ham Member QRZ Page

I Can't Drive 55!

KD2DJM and N0RSN like this.
  12. GI0MPT

GI0MPT Ham Member QRZ Page

13. KG5QDZ

KG5QDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sheesh!

I thought that the original SOS calls had circled around the multiverse and were being heard through some timey-wimey black hole portal! Imagine my disappointment.

WA7WJR and WJ4U like this.
  14. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Mr. Cohen

15. K4RT

K4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

You're assuming a lot. With the exception of your comments here I have read nothing in this thread that suggests that it would be an illegal activity.