ad: Flexradio-1

MARS addsWinlink to e-comm arsenal

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N1IN, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA5BEN

WA5BEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading is fundamental....

What part of "There are also times when loss of communications by an NGO directly involve safety of life and property." were you unable to comprehend?

No matter how "straight" anyone states anything, you look for a way to apply a "twist". Your ONLY purpose is to subvert the truth. We understand that.

Were it not for the damage that you do by your deliberate "distortions", your pitiful attempts would be comical. I don't think there are three experienced people on this forum who are sufficientlty gullible to believe your crap, but it is a HUGE disservice to amateur radio. The newcomers may not be able to see the boatload of stupidity on which your "thoughts" (perhaps better termed "imaginations") are based.

2. WA5BEN

NO. He did not.

An Internet link can use any alias. If you are NOT ON THE AIR, you are NOT ON THE AIR.

The members of a forum designed especially for EMCOMM are excrutiatingly tired of your idiotic and argumentative posts. You have contributed nothing, because you clearly know nothing about the subject. Worse, you have repeatedly tried to pick fights there. Many people have requested that you be blocked from that forum because of your childish nonsense.

You and your nonsense are not worthy of my time. Slink away.

3. AE4TM

AE4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike,

Note that many amateur HT's already meet military specs. A few HF rigs from Rohde and Schwarz meet the military specs needed for the base camp.

Ed

4. K4CJX

K4CJX Ham Member QRZ Page

pir44t has been locked out of the system. Try it and see. However, regardless, when was the last time you verified every Amateur call you contacted over the Air?  Is it YOUR responsibility or legal obligation to verify the call of every station that you contact?

Steve, k4cjx

5. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like he can still connect.
    It is in the dutch rules that every ham has to make sure no unautherised users can use his transmitter.
    He is also responcible that no messages from persons that are not alowed to have a radio conversation with him are transmitted from his station.

So to sum it up, I have to make sure everyone connecting me over the internet is a ham before passing him on in the air, stations comming from the air have nothing to do with discussion.

there is also the litle fact of unattended operation that is not alowed but is not enforced as long as there is no interfearance, You can get a permit for this with an assigned frequentie, guess that is why there are no pi1 pi6 or pi8 stations below 28 mhz, it's nearly imposible to
    assign a frequentie that will not give problems.

6. K4CJX

K4CJX Ham Member QRZ Page

You message goes nowhere. It stays on the PMBO as proof of your intent. It goes nowhere due to it being blocked at the server level rather than at the PMBO in order to capture it for verification.

We caught a slew of German Pirates recently. The way we did this, and at the request of their PTT, was to allow the incoming messages to reside on the PMBOs. But, go no further. Thus, the messages is jailed as proof of intent.

Thank you,

Steve, k4cjx

7. PE1RDW

It's not my message, it is from my housemate.
    All the prove you have is what I already said, my housemate connecting to the winlink network.

offcourse you will say that it is the same ip and use that as prove that it was me who connected.

8. AB0WR

AB0WR Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom doesn't sell a handheld with a rating better than -10C. Yaesu sells a couple rated to -20C. I would not put lives at 20,000ft into being dependent on any of them.

The Rhodes&Schwartz HF radios I looked at only have a -25C operating temp rating. That might be sufficient for a base camp, depends on how high you will be at base and what the temperature excursions might be at that altitude.

tim ab0wr

9. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is a message that PE1RDW sent me via telnet, thinking that it is illegal and a system weakness.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

“QUOTE………………………………………………….

----- Original Message -----
    Mid: F4TU5YFQCVK2
    To: N6KZB
    Sent: 4/11/2006 18:10:00
    Subject: callsign check

I read on qrz.com that calls are checked before they are alowed to send messages.

I have however never been asked to show any credentials, nor would I be able.

greetings,
    PIR44T

“END QUOTE…………………………………………

SMTP:andre@pe1rdw.demon.nl is the originator of this message. It came in over Telnet and not over Amateur radio. I picked it up via the Internet and my normal email program.

Therefore, there is NOTHING illegal about it.

It appears he creates false call signs, and feels this is ok to try to prove a point.

10. PE1RDW

hmm it came in over telnet and it has my email adress as originator?
    either it came in from my housemates account via telnet or it came in via email, if it came in over email you would think the email adress was in the header.

I don't see the email adress in the header this means it came in over telnet.
    You made the claim every call was checked and even called me a liar when I informed you my call was not checked, my housemate just proved you can send messages without having the call checked, it wasn't untill after I anounced that he could do it that steve blocked it.

As far as illegal goes, any ham network that is to be used in the Netherlands has to be a closed network, and this proved that it isn't closed.

I don't blame you for not knowing our rules but I do blame you for first calling me a liar and chalenging me for prove and when the prove with the help of my housemate is given act all hurt.

11. WA5BEN

You, "sir", are WORSE than a simple liar. You are a malicious troublemaker who lacks even basic decency.

12. M0RBD

M0RBD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just wonder..
    considering that PE1RDW was using telnet ..
    Where did you get  "SMTP:andre@pe1rdw.demon.nl " from ?  

There is no way that a email address can "show up"
    when using telnet.. because the format does simply not exist in the
    protocol specification
    unless someone types it in that is as a part of the message.

Im just curious how did telnet become email?

73s Mike

13. PE1RDW

In a "nice" twist of events the winlink team has send a message to the Dutch Amateur Radio Emergency Service (dares) board in an attemd to discredit me.

They falsely acuse me of posting myself as PAR4AT on the pmbo status page and periodicly attemting to hack the cmbo in an attempt to bring it down.

As this is pure slander I will have no option other then to hand it to a lawyer.

14. PE1RDW

update: DARES has closed the matter as a conflict between me and the winlink team and take no further action, my lawinsurance has agreed to look into this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.