Mark V Field has 25 watt output.

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N9EA, Apr 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N9EA

N9EA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good day all,
    Before I send this in (probably yet another topic as to where), I'm wondering if I'm missing something on power output. Any increase in the RF power knob past 10:00 (about 25w) is useless. The Class A button is NOT depressed and my antennas are resonate. I'm new to this rig and am a second owner. Receive is fine but when nobody is returning my calls in any pileup I started looking at power output. Please tell me it's something stupid, I can accept that.
    Thanks,
    Mark N9EA

2. CX3CP

CX3CP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI, are you talking about an FT1000 ?, first at all, check the RF Pwr knob FCCW and the MIc Gain FCCW , after that do a factory reset, if that do not correct the power output., then maybe you are in trouble with the Mark V.
    Check CW
    Good luck

[29(0)] + POWER on: Resets all menu setting to factory-default.
    [SUB(CE)] + [ENT] + POWER on: Resets all memories (except menu setting) to factory-default.
    [SUB(CE)] + [29(0)] + [ENT] + POWER on: CPU master reset for all memories and menu setting.

3. N9EA

No joy but thank you

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What mode are you in and how are you measuring the power?

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you checked the power supply?

6. N9EA

CW, using the onboard power meter (all I have)

7. N9EA

Using it's AC power on a dedicated circuit, voltage fine. Looking for the DC cord now.

8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Into a dummy load? If you have a dummy load use that instead of the antenna.

9. N9EA

No difference. Wish I could find that DC cord...

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, that "might" reveal something, in case the internal power supply has a problem.

I never owned the Field (I did own an FT-1000MP MK V for a while, but that used a separate, dedicated power supply and I think it was 28Vdc, not 12V) so I don't remember if its meter can display the power supply voltage. If it can, switch to that and see what it reads when you transmit.