ad: CQMM-1

Marion Blanton KC5DPC, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K8AMH, Sep 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8AMH

K8AMH QRZ Lifetime Member #247 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It is with much regret that I am posting information about Marion Blanton KC5DPC, Silent Key. I have submitted his information to ARRL Headquarters so that he is honored in QST magazine, and I am posting here so that his QRZ page can be updated.

Regards and 73,
    Aaron

--
    Aaron Hulett | K8AMH
    Section Traffic Manager, ARRL North Texas

From https://www.cokerfuneralhome.com/obituary/marion-blanton

Marion Blanton of Slidell, Texas passed peacefully at his daughter’s home on September 1, 2020.

He was born March 1st, 1938 to Marvin L. and Annie Mae Kizer Blanton at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dallas and was raised in South Dallas on Bannock Ave. He attended Forest High School and later Mesquite High School after the family moved to Balch Springs.

Marion proudly served in the U.S. Marine Corp followed by a long career as a Commercial Electrician where he retired from Fisk Electric in 2000. He was a member of IBEW Local 20 in Dallas.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Mae and Marvin, his younger brother, Michael and his grand-daughter, Brandi. He is survived by his brother, Marvin Blanton, Jr and wife Carolyn, his sister, Mildred Hopkins and husband, Donald, his daughter, Kina Blanton and husband, Tony Hewitt. His stepson Chris Abner and wife, Darla. Grandchildren Karly & Cody, Step-Grandchildren Jessica, Holly and Ethan, several great-grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews, and cousins.

Marion enjoyed building and repairing radios and was a member of the Denton County Amateur Radio Association and was an avid supporter of the Greenwood/Slidell Volunteer Fire Department. He also enjoyed gardening and sharing his bounty of home grown produce with everyone he knew.

Marion had a strong faith and a wonderful circle of friends who looked after him as he lived independently into his eighties.

Before passing, he expressed that he knew his Lord and Savior and understood that he was forgiven for his sins, but that he also wished to be forgiven by those he knew here on Earth and expressed that he was truly regretful if he ever caused anyone discomfort or pain.

He was a good man, my Daddy. And I am honored to have been his daughter.

Funeral services to honor Marion’s life are to be at 11:00 am on Saturday September 12, 2020 at the First Baptist Church in Slidell. Interment will be in the Bolivar Cemetery.

Services are under the direction of Coker Funeral Home in Sanger. You may offer your condolences or share a memory of Marion with the family at www.cokerfuneralhome.com.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks Aaron - may he rest in peace

QRZ page updated accordingly

Dave
    W7UUU

3. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI AARON --KD5KDC respect fully vy73 djoaj Ekrem

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU K8AMH & W7UUU

KC5DPC OBIT.jpg
    ================ 1 animated Flag QRZ PAGE.gif
    =================== A FINAL SALUTE NEW.jpg
    =============.==.=== A BURIAL CROSS FOR MILITARY MARINES.jpg
    A SILENT KEY REST IN PEACE NEW[1] BLANK.jpg

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

================ ARRL FLAG.jpg
    ============.===== DENTON COUNTY ARC.jpg
    ====================== ARRLSSClub.jpg

RESPECTFULLY,

6. KE0NXO

KE0NXO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this some relation to lindsey blanton of radioreference.com?