manned moon bases on the MOON ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD4AMG, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N0WVA @ Jan. 10 2004,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, with no atmosphere for a shield, how in the world will a moon base survive? Sheer luck?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The way this would be accomplished is by building a ship, so to speak, that lays flat on the surface. The interior would have to be sealed at all times to keep the inside atmosphere in check. No attempt would be made to create an outer atmosphere on the Moons surface. Weight of the structure would be less of an engineering factor but the interior pressurization* would be the main thing in structural integrity*. Therefore, very thick walls.
    *Spell check said everything is ok but it just doesn't look right today.

2. K4TLS

K4TLS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey, how cool would it be to have hams on the moon, though? Would that be a new DXCC &quot;country&quot;? I have a friend who is an astronaut and they don't go anywhere without their ham radio anymore!

---steve

3. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KB1JHJ @ Jan. 11 2004,15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AB3BK @ Jan. 10 2004,23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's with all the moon stuff?

The reason we have not gone back to the moon
    is because we never went there in the first place. [​IMG]

We do not have the technology now, let alone back in the 60s. There is alot more involved than just flying there and back.

We won the space war.

Here's one of many sceptics. FAKE[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    [​IMG] For a guy that was only 3 years old when the frist man walked on the moon, you act like you know it all. The facts you point to are bogus!!! Wake up kid we were there! I personally spoke with several of the men that walked on the moon! John Young,(Apollo 16), Ken Mattingly II,(Apollo 16), David Scott,(Apollo 15), James Irwin,(Apollo 15). James was a Christian first and an Astronaut second! To call him a fake is a dirty thing to do to his memory, And all the other men that put their lives on the line during the Apollo missions! Mr Irwin is gone now, and I am sure when he meets his maker he'll do it with a clean heart. He lived for the truth not a lie!!! Take you're phoney Ideas somewhere else! [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sorry, I'm not a know it all. I'm just an instigator [​IMG]

I found there are many websites questioning the validity of the moon missions.

Dave

4. K4DJE

K4DJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well they laughed at Columbus, he discovered the New World.

What New Worlds will we find in Space?

Where can I sign up to go to the Moon? or Mars? or ??

5. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I am sure that if one looks long and hard enough, they will find web sites that say : 1) the earth is flat ... 2) that the tooth fairy exists ... 3) that aliens live inside the earth ...4)that dinosaurs died from teeth decay ( lack of flossing ) ... 5)that some people should not have children ...6)that monkeys &amp; apes descended from humans ...7)that 11 meter operations are superior in every way to amateur operations on HF ...8)that with the right tuner, a 109 inch stainless steel whip can be used as a cellular telephone antenna and so much more !! [​IMG]

6. N0OV

N0OV Guest

Can't wait to see the news 30 years from now.

QRZ Posting: Earth Bounce -- a fun new way Amateurs can use the Earth to communicate with others on the moon or an RFI hazzerd to earth based amateurs?

7. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets look at this from a logical point of view. We have what,the moon and mars that may be hospitable to some extent? Maybe some moons elsewhere in the solar system? Say we put bases on them. Then what? Its like living in a submarine. You always have to come back to land (earth). And I dont think mars will help us make it to the nearest earth-like planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.