ad: ARR

manned moon bases on the MOON ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD4AMG, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N3TTN

N3TTN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's with all the moon stuff?

The reason we have not gone back to the moon
    is because we never went there in the first place. [​IMG]

We do not have the technology now, let alone back in the 60s. There is alot more involved than just flying there and back.

We won the space war.

Here's one of many sceptics. FAKE

Edited by AB3BK on Jan. 09 2004,22:41 [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You need to talk to Buzz Aldrin about this, he has someting he'd like to tell you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC4BB @ Jan. 10 2004,14:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well,  excuse  me  sir  you haven't  been  wrong  before.?    :D[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yessir, I sure have been.  Hurt my credibility for months too. In some cases with some folks my credibility has not and never will be restored.  

It also taught me to do my homework before making statements I didn't know for sure to be correct.

3. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems to me that when someone says that continued, concerted space exploration is not worthwhile, that means they have estimated the value. To estimate the value means that they have an idea of what will and will not be found, developed, discovered, etc.

Those of us who support continued space exploration, and are willing to invest in it, are most likely to say we don't know what will be discovered - that's why it's exploration. However, I personally, believe that there will be important discoveries and developments along the way. I also believe we do not now know what they will be and unless the effort is undertaken, we will never find out. Improved knowledge, to me, is never a wasted effort, but I am inherently suspicious of government beaurocracies and their ability to squander resources without result.

4. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] ...what area of the moon and how powerful of a telescope would you need to see some of the &quot; stuff &quot; left on the moon by the astronauts ? ( assuming they were really there )... this info might help tell us IF they were really there...oops !!...surely some one from NASA or somewhere could tell us ordinary folks where to look and what to look for, I know it would be really small and hard to see...but IF it dont exist then that would be some real evidence as to a FAKE story about landing on the moon ( as some would believe )....hmmm [​IMG]

5. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

Look at the moon with your kidde telescope. What do you see? The face of a teenager who has been drinking too many sodas. Now, with no atmosphere for a shield, how in the world will a moon base survive? Sheer luck?

6. KD7WHQ

KD7WHQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

You'd need at least two meter resolution. Less would be much better, as even at that level, much would be easily missed.
    Think about our satellites, and what it took to do that from orbit.
    You'll never pull it off from the ground with a telescope..

7. N0WVA

N0WVA Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kd4amg @ Jan. 11 2004,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[​IMG] ...what area of the moon and how powerful of a telescope would you need to see some of the &quot; stuff &quot; left on the moon by the astronauts ? ( assuming they were really there )... this info might help tell us IF they were really there...oops  !!...surely some one from NASA or somewhere could tell us ordinary folks where to look  and what to look for, I know it would be really small and hard to see...but IF it dont exist  then that would be some real evidence as to a FAKE story about landing on the moon ( as some would believe )....hmmm [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Sorta what Ive always thought. But they say even the HUBBLE isnt powerful enough to make out any relics.

8. KD4AMG

[​IMG] thanks for the FAST answers ( in less than one hour )...now we all know just how SMALL those relics ( if they exist ) really are !! [​IMG]

9. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N0WVA @ Jan. 10 2004,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorta what Ive always thought. But they say even the HUBBLE isnt powerful enough to make out any relics.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's my understanding that the focal length on Hubble is wrong to view good images of our moon. It's designed to view deep space.

10. KD4AMG

[​IMG] ...possibly like trying to see two &quot; winnebago motor homes parked side by side &quot; on planet earth from the MOON....very very teeny tiny stuff....PLUS if it dont exist aint no way NASA is gonna give info as to where to look for it since it aint there !! ( confused yet ? ) we do know some of it is in the &quot; sea of tranquility &quot; area . Remember the astronauts saying &quot; tranquility base here, the eagle has landed &quot; ? oops.... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.