manned moon bases on the MOON ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD4AMG, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Should man go back to the MOON and establish manned bases there ? I believe we should, technology has advanced a lot in the 30 years since man was there last. Sure, there will be disasters , but the benefits will effect all of us, like the early space days did. Plus, if a manned base or 4 or more are established on the moon, you dont have to worry about it falling out of orbit ( like a space station ). Amateur radio could even become involved , with repeaters, etc on the surface. We could even use the " balloons " like they used to land the machines on MARS to scatter out parts for buildings for humans to take and assemble later. They could build resorts for recreation ( how about a summer vacation or a honeymoon on the moon ? ) . Radios could recieve and transmit signals further through space with less interference from the atmosphere of Earth in the way. The ideas are endless, but most wont happen in our lifetime ( unless you are 10 years old now ). What are your ideas pro & con ?

2. N7CPC

N7CPC Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] "Manned Moon Bases on the Moon" [​IMG]

Where else ya gonna put em'? [​IMG]

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm developing the first manned moon base, in Isla Vista, CA -- north of Santa Barbara. I have my first moon walker already lined up, although he's a bit indisposed right now, something about molesting children....

4. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I liked the story some one posted :
    When is it bed time at neverland Ranch?

When the big hand touch'es the little hand...... [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope you are gonna personally pay for the moon base,I am not willing to contribute to a make-work project. The proposed Mars trip is even worse. I think it is like the Star Wars project, whose sole purpose was to bankrupt the Russians, which it did. Now we are trying to bankrupt China. Who cares about Mars execpt for NASA? Boondoggle!! Better ways to spend our money.

TOM K8ERV

6. K6UEY

You may be right, maybe we should adopt the board of education policy, why waste money on education, when you can divide it up among the Union personell.........  [​IMG]

I read where China has duplicated several US made cars, and they solved some of the problems in design and the quality is leaps better than the originally US made  models. If they close down the US auto industry  I sure hope all those UAW people don't flock to california. We are just getting over the welfare surge,  from the last industry the union closed down. [​IMG]

7. 9V1VV

9V1VV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I liked the story some one posted :
    When is it bed time at neverland Ranch?

When the big hand touch'es the little hand..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Orv, if MJ was a priest, he would have been transfered to another Diocese by now :)

John

8. N3TTN

N3TTN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Should man go back to the MOON and establish manned bases there[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, most definitely. But what I really want to know is when are they gonna start building the condos there, I want first dibs on one of those when they do.....Hey they have &quot;space tourists&quot; now, if you've got the cash that is, so why not moon condos. Just a thought. [​IMG]

73, N3TTN

9. K6UEY

It is my understanding the condo's are being held up waiting for Congress to deal with the CC&amp;R's question..... [​IMG]

10. N3TTN

N3TTN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is my understanding the condo's are being held up waiting for Congress to deal with the CC&amp;R's question..... [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

DRAT!! I had big plans for my lunar condo ham station. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.