Man 40M was nuts last night!

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by KN4DQE, May 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
  1. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not amused. I read the article. It is frustrating, however as many comments on the article stated - these guys have been reported many times, and the FCC isn't acting. I'm not sure how many other folks logging and sending data to them would do any good?

How does the FCC handle out of country violators? I know there is another thread here about the Spanish speaking folks - these guys seem to be doing the similar things that the famous 7.200 guy does as well (playing music, way over driven signals, splattering everywhere). I honestly do not believe that any of them are following any sort of local operating standards (unless wherever they are transmitting from have none??).

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you post a blip here for us to see ?

I know Lora Smith wants us to step up to the plate and help a sister out.

3.822 as well as 14.313 still need work. Even after many of the trouble makers are SK.

Waiting for the new trouble makers to become SKs can take a long time.

3. N3AB

N3AB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And what's Ms. Smith going to do about it? Close your eyes real tight to see the answer. :rolleyes:

She's been the recipient of many complaints about infractions on our bands, and all she did so far is cash her paycheck.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. N3AB

N3AB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For those in the northeast, take a listen to 3910 in the evening. One of those guys was caught by the FCC years ago, but the foul language continues, especially from him.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

How can that be ? She has direct deposit. :rolleyes:

KD2ACO and N3AB like this.
  6. N8VIL

N8VIL Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't let these guys on 7.200 and 14.313 bother me. At least they stay on 7.200 and 14.313 and don't seem to wander. I can stay away from those frequencies and operate in peace and not be bothered by them.

7. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

maybe for now.....

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some one posted here on the zed that Capt Dave lost his license recently.
    Some one else added that it is not keeping him off the air.

9. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

STANDARDS? Standards do not exist where there is no respect for others...
    Without actual enforcement of standards and written rules there is anarchy... we have that.
    Seems the FCC/QST talk about the OO's being the new way to enforce the rules is just a lot of non-sense...
    It's FCC's way of saying they can't handle the problem.
    But hey you OO's do the best you can, get all that data and audio recordings you can and we @ FCC will do just as we've done for the past ten yrs.
    In fewer words; "Do our jobs cause we can't."
    BTW in the 80's H. Stearn and other "entertainers" were able to get the obscenity rules dumped from braodcasting so it just flows downhill.

Learn Morse
    Do CW

10. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL - I wonder how many potty mouth's there are on Morse? I can imagine a MC argument!