Man 40M was nuts last night!

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by KN4DQE, May 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

The band was super busy. I must have been caught in the between propagation between areas since there were a lot of folks talking over each other. Lots of Spanish speakers and English speakers on the same frequencies. A few times, it sounded like some of the other folks didn't appreciate it. It appears that a few folks were fighting on 7.193 or around there - someone was just broadcasting music and noise, and then someone else put out a CW on the same frequency with a lot of power, and just laid on it. Then they tried to transmit what sounded like SSTV as well.

Later on, another fine gentlemen who I believe is a regular troublemaker was fighting with someone else on 7.200. I've heard him on there before. Basically being an A-hole, not identifying, etc. At one point (he's done this before from what I remember), he opens up his amp and starts to flood the frequencies with CW (looks like he's transmitting while changing frequencies back and forth).

I've also noticed a few stations recently that are transmitting in LSB on 20M as well...SMH.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hold on to your hats fellows: its gonna be a bumpy ride!

3. KN4DQE

Sounds like a house party tonight on 7.210.....these folks sure like to have fun

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

40 is normally a daytime band.

At night broadcasting stations are the norm.

5. KN4DQE

Sounds like our friend is back on 7.200 tonight....These aren't commercial broadcast stations, these are folks contaminating the airwaves with crap

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Captain Dave cracks me up on that frequency. At least he does id.

3.822 should be hot tonight.

Is there a contest this weekend ? UR 59

N8VIL likes this.
  7. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll continue my blissful, self-imposed imprisonment below 7125 Kc with CW-only.

N8AFT and N3AB like this.
  8. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yowza!

certified.jpg

N8VIL, KA0HCP and KA9JLM like this.
  9. KN4DQE

I get a laugh out of what I'm seeing - it's like the wild wild west....

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

For those not amused, but rather disgusted by the shenanigans, read "Call to Action for Enforcement" in May 2018 QST's Correspondence column. Then do something about it besides posting on the forum.

N5SMO, N0CEL, WD0BCT and 2 others like this.