Make the Zed's default post font Verdana

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by WF7A, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Verdana, which is sans-serif, is a much easier to read font than Times New Roman so how about making the default post font Verdana so those of us who try to be considerate of others don't have to manually change our text every time we post something?

♫ "I shot the serif..."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    KG7PDC, N2IPH and WA7PRC like this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I like verdana too.

Maybe a better idea is to store per-user defaults, for font, pitch, color, etc.

(Can I get an ASR-33 font please? :^)

KG7PDC, N2IPH and WA7PRC like this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, this was a suggestion way back when the new forum software was adopted. My pet peeve is the bizarre way Times New Roman presents numerals - very small and partially below the line. They are even more difficult to read than the rest of the characters.

Or how about a way to set a preference for a font in our profile?

KG7PDC, N2IPH and K6CLS like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have Customize fonts settings in my browser. Won't that work ?

5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess it would depending on which browser you're using. I'm using Chrome and have my default fonts set to Verdana, but Times shows up here. I suppose I could download an extension that would allow me to customize scripts so no matter what I view it'll be in Verdana but on the whole it would be easier/better for users here just to have Verdana as the default font.

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

How about Arial?

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Good luck in this quest - pretty sure this battle was lost a long long time ago.

I agree - anything other than the kinda icky default font would be wonderful. It's just a few mouse clicks to change. Not rocket science.

But all the zillion requests back when the software changed were not acted upon.

I've just gotten used to it. So posters change the font on every post - and for a while I did that but don't bother anymore.

Just my 2/100 of a buck

Dave
    W7UUU

WA7PRC likes this.
  8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

If I could choose, I'd use Morse Code font:
    [​IMG]
    vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

W7UUU and K6CLS like this.
  9. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd like the ability to set my default font and size for editing too.

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a breather give it a break....... jeeez