Maidenhead Grid EL58hx Activation Memorial Day Weekend 2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5PFG, Mar 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. W1SRR

W1SRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am interested in trying to make this contact. Issue is trying to reach out to you all from my QTH. What mode/freq will you all be calling out from?

2. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Steam driven too!

N9PBD likes this.
  3. NI9Y

NI9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks

4. KD5TTZ

KD5TTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I operate from EL48oc from time to time. (oil rig)

W5PFG likes this.
  5. W4LES

W4LES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not active all the time. I have it from the K5N group and will be Johnny on the spot. Manny thanks to you guy's that are going to give others a chance at the rare grid. Thank You.

6. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For those asking, we will use various modes on 6m. Could be SSB, MSK, FT8, possibly CW.

Satellites will be FM, SSB, possibly packet.

The last time I went down to EL58 I operated entirely from a boat. This time we will stay two nights, have a decent antenna (5 elements on 6m,) and power.

N9PBD likes this.
  7. KB3RHR

KB3RHR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Luck Fellas! What is the power 6 Meter output? K5N did a bang up job from there, I believe I worked them M/S. Good Luck , do some videos from there! Best Wishes 73 de KB3RHR

8. N7LT

N7LT Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like fun and hopefully we can hear you up here in NW Montana! Looks like KL7JGS and I should make an expedition trip to some of the rare Montana grids!

N7LT
    Kalispell, MT

9. W5PFG

Just about one month away. Antennas, SSPA, generators, mast, equipment is procured. We will be QRV 6m and satellites.

10. W5PFG

(Venice, LA, USA) Wyatt Dirks, AC0RA, and Clayton Coleman, W5PFG’s plan to activate maidenhead gridsquare EL58hx on Memorial Day weekend, 2018, is rescheduled due to unsafe weather conditions. The National Weather Service’s National Hurricane Center confirms 70% potential for a tropical depression to form in the next five days with potential to move into the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Rainfall predicted to hit the Louisiana coast combined with additional moisture from the potential depression would inhibit safe access to the operating location. The new dates for the expedition are June 7-9, 2018.