Made a contact, QSO does not show.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KM6S, Jan 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM6S

KM6S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I made a contact with a QRZ member, W6YSU.
    He made the QRZ logbook entry, but I have no notification of it.
    When I log the QSO first, It shows on the other operators logbook pretty quickly.
    What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    W6YSU.jpg

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The figure depicts the latest 15 QSO records that have been entered in that callsign's logbook (in this case, only two records so exist).

This has no bearing on the existence or non-existence of any confirmation request. Either party can send a request to the other by placing a check mark in the right end box of a QSO record followed by clicking on the ACTION button at the bottom of the column and selecting "request confirmation". This results in an Incoming flag in the party's logbook.

A logbook is a place to log your QSO data upfront. A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If a confirmation does not exist then it is possible that your worked party has not entered its record or one or more of the above fields lacks a match.

The proper action upon receiving a conformation request is to ensure you have a matching record in your logbook.

3. KM6S

KM6S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure how that applies here?

Thank you for clarifying that. I had no idea how that worked. It makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

I was never going to receive a notification/confirmation because I didn't add a QSO, because I saw his and thought it would be automatic. Both parties have to make the connection. Makes sense.

Very simple now that it makes sense. Thanks again for clarifying. 73

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The logbook operates on a "double-blind basis; each party must enter its record of the QSO. Those who fail to log their QSOs up front become frustrated by failing to later recall their details and thus are not able to achieve a confirmation.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    KM6S likes this.