ad: Amateur-1

MacLoggerDX and RUMlog NG

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K9JRI, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. K9JRI

K9JRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have used MLDX and MLDX HD for many years and recently added RUMlog NG to my Mac mini and iPad. I am a LOTW and ClubLog member but I am neither a contester nor a DXer. I do submit to both ClubLog and LOTW for the benefit of the other station when it is a unique contact or a confirmation was requested. My log contains only about 550 total entries.

I do like to follow the DX Cluster, QRZ lookups and K3s/KX3 control that both applications offer but awards are not something that I chase. In fact in 60 years I have none :)

My question is:

How is the best way to keep the log in both MLDX and RUMlog NG synchronized without creating an undue burden on ClubLog and LOTW. Both applications update Club Log and LOTW plus Club Log also uploads my contacts to LOTW. If I log a new contact in either of the two applications I export that contact as an adif file and import it into the other logger. At that point I believe that both applications will have updated both LOTW and Club Log and Club Log will have updated LOTW twice.

What is the best way to handle this situation?

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI

2. VE3VRW

VE3VRW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All real-time automatic uploads to LOTW, eQSL, Club Log etc. in MacLoggerDX are optional, they can be turned off or on in the prefs. Importing an ADIF file into MacLoggerDX does not upload anything. Uploads only occur when you log the QSO while uploading is enabled for that service or if you explicitly request that QSO to be uploaded.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro

K3DCW likes this.
  3. K9JRI

K9JRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good point Don. I have had them optioned on for so long it never occurred to me to turn them off :)

Thanks again!

very 73 - Mike - k9JRI