ad: ProAudio-1

Maclogger+WSJT+JT Bridge = Icom 7300 rig control

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by HI8SMX, May 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. HI8SMX

HI8SMX Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am using MacLogger, WSJT and JT Bridge (all new versions) on a 2013 MacBook Pro and all of them are working just fine separately. But if I want to control my Icom 7300 with WSJT I need to disconnected from Maclogger and viceversa.

I've read that one can use JT Bridge to allow both programs (Maclogger and WSJT) to operate the radio at the same time, but I haven't been able to make it work, regardless of following up on instructions.

Any advices? recommendations?

thanks,

Santiago
    HI8SMX

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Two program can't control the same port at the same time in macOS. In this setup, you need to give MacLoggerDX full control of the port, setup JTBridge as per the instructions, and set WSJT-X to use the "DXCommander" rig control (again, as per the JTBridge instructions). JTBridge will serve as a "bridge" between MLDX and WSJT-X. Full instructions are available here:

https://jt-bridge.eller.nu/documentation/

3. HI8SMX

Thanks K3DCW. That is what I've been trying to achieve and it's not working. I'm following the instructions in Jt Bridge documentation and keep getting the "Dx Commander sent a bad mode USB-B" error. Will keep reading and trying.
    73's

4. K9JRI

K9JRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a similar problem with my K3s installation. Try going to the JT-Bridge preferences, General Tab and in the "Station" fields enter USB-B in the mode to use for Data/PKT. If that field does not match what Commander returns you will get the error.

very 73 - Mike - K9JRI

K3DCW likes this.
  5. HI8SMX

Thanks Mike. Problem solved!!

73's

Santiago, HI8SMX

K9JRI and K3DCW like this.