MacLogger / Icom IC-705

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by N1MHD, Sep 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1MHD

N1MHD Ham Member QRZ Page

I know, I know, early adopters never learn. I'm on MacLoggerDX 6.30 and the 705 is listed. I'm using a newer MacBook Air and connecting through the USB port. I couldn't connect using either of the two default USB ports (dev/cu.usbmodemxxx) and I'm finding the BlueTooth on the radio is for audio, so no luck connecting through the BlueTooth port. I downloaded the driver from the DogPark link (dev/cu.icombtic-705xxx) and still no joy. The setup page in MacLogger shows the hex address for this radio as 94, so I changed the CI-V addres in the radio menu from the default of 4H to 94H. Still no go.

Has anybody managed to get the 705 connected up to MacLogger, and if so, any tricks? I know there aren't many of these out in the wild yet.

Thanks de N1MHD

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Have you tried reaching out to Don directly? He is VERY responsive and can likely have you connected faster than anyone.

The only other piece of advice I can offer is to make sure that the 705 is NOT connected to the Mac while you're installing the driver. I don't mean turned off: I mean physically disconnected. Otherwise, the driver will not install correctly. Finally, make sure that the driver is authorized to load in the Security and Privacy pane of System Preferences.

N0TZU and N1MHD like this.
  3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Which OS are you running on your Mac?

N0TZU likes this.
  4. N1MHD

N1MHD Ham Member QRZ Page

Catalina, up to date.