ad: Radclub22-1

Mac software drivers for usb a to usb c cable YAESU FT-991

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by M7MEE, Nov 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M7MEE

M7MEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there. I have downloaded the the ADMS-10 software to enable me to write to my Yaesu 991. Unfortunately i can not find any driver for the USB a to USB b cable for a Mac laptop. Any ideas where i can download the drivers for the cable. On Yaesu site you can only download the drivers for Windows based laptop and not for the Mac

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The cable does not require a driver, but the USB port on the rig does. Depending upon the version of macOS you're using, it may already include the necessary driver.

Yaesu uses the SILabs chipset and the drivers can be downloaded from https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/software/Mac_OSX_VCP_Driver.zip

Make sure you have the rig completely disconnected from the Mac before doing the install. Don't just turn it off: remove the cable from one end or the other before doing the install.

Once installed, reboot and then go to your System Preferences, Security & Privacy pane, to the "General" tab, and authorize the driver to load if it does not do so automatically. Only after this should you connect the cable to the rig and turn it on.

M7MEE likes this.
  3. M7MEE

M7MEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks brother. I will look to download the drivers from the link given