Mac software drivers for usb a to usb c cable YAESU FT-991

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M7MEE, Nov 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M7MEE

M7MEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there. I have downloaded the the ADMS-10 software to enable me to write to my Yaesu 991. Unfortunately i can not find any driver for theUSB a to USB b cable for a Mac laptop. Any ideas where i can download the drivers for the cable. On Yaesu site you can only download the drivers for Windows based laptop

2. K4MZR

K4MZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the landscape for Ham radio on software is pretty barren. I suspect Yaesu has calculated that Mac development simply isn’t worth the investment. I used to run A Windows 10 partition on mu Macbook Pro just for amateur radio. When Apple decided to go silicone and I needed a new computer I went back to a Windows machine since most of my digital recording software still hasn’t fully certified for the M1 either natively or under Rosetta … after almost two years … I started getting that Power PC disaster feeling and went back to Windows.

M7MEE likes this.
  3. AJ6LB

AJ6LB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

M7MEE and M0DPX like this.
  4. M7MEE

I’ll give it a try with just pluggin in the radio. The ADMS software works perfect. I’ll see if im lucky

5. M7MEE

Yea I’ve trued quite a few drivers on Mac, but Apple doesn’t support these. I might have to go down the road of buying a cheap Windows notebook or something for the radio #ExpensiveHobby at times