Mac Mini flrig & fldigi

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K2YS, May 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K2YS

K2YS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello all:

I have a 2018 mac mini (OS X 10.15) with 2 USB-A ports and 4 USB-C ports (aka Thunderbolts).

I downloaded and installed the Silicon Labs CP210x VCP driver and am running fldigi (v4.1.12) connected to my IC-746 through the RigBlaster Advantage to one of the USB-A ports . That all works fine (so far just running PSK31).

Now I'm trying to also set up flrig (v1.3.50). I'm using the remote jack (1/8" stereo trs) on the IC-746 going thru an Apple - USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter to the USB-C on the mac since I only have USB-C ports left. [My other USB-A is connected to my backup drive for TimeMachine]

Not sure how to then configure the flrig for the xcvr (see attached) since trying either dev/cu.SLAB or dev/tty.SLAB device results in the same error (see attached).
    [That the "Connected" light is green doesn't seem to match the error]

This is my first attempt at controlling my rig via software so anyone who can assist would be great.
    Thanks, Matt K2YS

Config Dialog:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.10.09 PM.png

Error on pressing [Init]:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.09.29 PM.png

2. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should use a CI-V adapter.

But I don't understand your setup and your intentions. You want to connect flrig to the IC-746 remote jack? And your RigBlaster?

3. K2YS

Thanks - that's probably what I am missing in my setup so I'll try that.

My intention is use my mac for fldigi thru Rigblaster AND flrig directly to the IC-746. I'll get a CV-I adapter and try that. I'm hoping that flrig will see the device once I do.

4. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the IC-746 has one remote port only, you can get one application connected only. Why don't connect fldigi to flrig?

5. K2YS

Thanks Tom. I got a CV-I adapter and it worked for both.